Chapter Two ~ Kiss Me

Phil's P.O.V

I staggered into the the corridor between the bedrooms and the bathroom and sat the the floor, propping my back up against the wall. The walls begun to spin around me and my head throbbed sending me into pure agony.

"Hey Phil" a soft voice muttered beside me. Dan, breaking me from my trance.

He sat beside me, turning to look me in the eyes.

"Oh! I like this song!" Dan said wearily "sing with me!"

The intro begun and we sat waiting for words.

"Loving can hurt, Loving can hurt sometimes" Dan begun steadily.

"But it's the only thing that I know" I closed my eyes and I sung back to him.

"When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes"

"It is the only thing that makes us feel-"

Dan stood up suddenly.

I raised my eyebrows curiously.

"Dance with me."

"What?" I asked, I obviously heard but I just didn't understand.

"Stand up" he said smiling.

I stood up shakily.

He pulled me out into the room where people where slow dancing to the song.

He placed his hands on my waist and I put mine around his neck.

Still drunk, I brought myself closer to him out of longing and rested my head against his chest.

He held me firmly and started to sing along again.

"We made these memories for ourselves. Where our eyes are never closing, hearts never broken, times forever frozen still. So you can keep me, inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, holding me close until our eyes meet, you won't ever be alone"

He turned his head and kissed the top of mine.

"Kiss me Phil" he slurred, his eyes shining like orbs on mine and I swear the smile never left his lips and the dimples never left his cheeks.

I looked up to see if he was joking. He smiled and stared back into my eyes, I got lost in the brown abyss, he was drunk though.

I shouldn't, but that didn't stop my body.

I leaned in and pressed our lips together.

It was a blurr, a beautiful enchanting blurr, a sweaty mess of our needy lips together and or hands exploring each others bodies.

This was what I wanted right? I mean, this was Dan. I was kissing Dan. My best friend. Dan.

The music played on and Dan gradually reached out to put his hands on my hips and swayed softy. We rested our foreheads together wearily and everything became invisible.

I pulled away softly and Dan smiled.

We continued to dance, before I noticed a tear roll down his cheek.

I panicked immediately, did I do something wrong?

"Dan? What's wrong? Is it me? Was it really that bad?" I asked anxiously.

He chuckled slightly.

"No, Phil you're perfect, I just wish it could be like this every day"
He didn't mean that, he's drunk. You're drunk. Go home. Stop Phil.

I can't do this, its like taking advantage of him while he's vulnerable, besides, how much further would this go? I couldn't...

"I'm sorry Dan, I- uh we should go" I said, barely audible.

He frowned, but nodded.

"Okay, let's leave" He mumbled, taking hold of my hand and walking me through the crowd.