Chapter 10 ~ Shelley, family and Dan

Phil's P.O.V

My brother hauled himself off the couch and ruffled my fringe cheerily.

He'd come with his girlfriend and my parents had arrived too, not long after Dan left.

He wandered off into the kitchen and begun to talk to his girlfriend.

'Go talk to him, he's been awful quiet after his boyfriend left to go see his family' my brother prompted.

My stomach tightened.

"He's not my boyfriend you ass!" I called through the apartment.

He chuckled. 'My bad!' He called back.

After more hushed whispers were shared between the couple, his girlfriend walked into the front room smiling widely.

She had fair curls sat neatly on each shoulder and bright green eyes, a smile that was definatley contagious.

I grinned back almost immediately.

"Hi, P-Phil?" She said unsurely, giggling a little.

"Yeah that's me, what's your name?" I asked quietly, turning the tv off completely.

"Shelley" She said sitting beside me on the sofa.

"Oh cool" I said nodding awkwardly and fiddling with my sleeves.

"So, Mark told me a lot about you!" She said suddenly breaking the silence after a moment.

"Oh?" I said back anxiously "like what?"

"Oh, how much fun you two had as kids and he constantly talks about how proud he is of you and your videos, Dan too" she said truthfully.

The smile returned to my lips and I felt my face flush crimson, Mark had never told me he was proud of me before.

"He watches my videos?" I asked shyly.

"All of them! He is so proud, Phil" she mumbled.

I smiled. "Thank you"

She smiled back and shrugged it off happily.

"How long have you been together? I remember meeting you a few times but I'm rather anti-social and forgetful" I chuckled.

"Just over a year and a half" she said grinning.

It made me happy to see her so smiley over someone as dopey as my brother.

"I'm happy for you" I said.

"Thanks Phil" She said leaning over and pulling me into a warm embrace.

"I hope we will get on well!" She said pulling away after a moment.

"Me too" I said softly.

She smiled once more and walked back into the kitchen where my brother was surely waiting.

"Where are mum and dad?" I called through.

"Last minute shopping for things for Christmas dinner tomorrow, why?" He called back

"No reason, I'll be in my room a while, don't come in.. Okay?" I yelled walking through the corridor's.

I decided now would be the best time to skype Dan.

"Okay, say hi to Dan for me!" He teased.

I sighed and shut my bedroom door behind me.

I booted up my laptop, setting up my camera and laptop, and clicking Dan's profile icon expectantly, I hoped he'd pick up.

Within a few rings, he did.

"Hello Phil!" He said smiling into the camera.

Dan was extremely photogenic and seemed to look flawless with a camera on or off him.

He was sat in his room at his parents house, I could see the old posters of Muse and fall out boy.

Typical really.

I grinned back "how's the family?"

"Oh, pretty irritating, I haven't seen them for a while and all they want to do is catch up and be social, so I'm hiding in my room on tumblr, escaping" he chuckled.

Dan had quite a big family and saw most of them on Christmas eve.

"Oh my parents aren't here yet and my brother and his girlfriend aren't too pushy, I spoke to her a bit, she's really friendly so I'm okay with that, Mark seems to like her alot, it seems pretty serious!" I said casually.

"Phil you idiot" Dan chuckled "She's spending Christmas with your family! Not her own, of course it's serious, are you kidding?" He giggled.

I processed it for a moment. "Ohh." I said, as it finally hit me.

"Yeah!" He said, mocking my dumbstruck tone.

"So what's her name?" He said

"Shelley" I said carefully, I've always been bad with names, only ones I remember are the people closest to me, and Dil of course.

"Quirky" He said, smiling slightly.

"Yeah" I agreed.

"Can't wait to see you so we can give eachother our gifts!" Dan said smiling wider.

I found a smile appear on my own lips excitedly. "Yeah! I miss you!" I said subconsciously.

He stammered for a minute, but before I could realise what I did, he interrupted me.

"I miss you too Philly" he chuckled.

'Phil? Mum and Dad are back' Mark said softly, knocking on the door.

I sighed. "Okay" I called back.

Dan's face fell sadly, through the screen.

"Talk soon?" I asked.

"Of course" he said.

"Bye bear!" I called.

"Bye Philadelphia!" He laughed cheekily at his own joke before ending the call.

Bye Dan.