Chapter 16: Ignorance and Arrogance

It didn't even take one minute for (Y/n) to sit down in her seat before her new classmate found a chair beside her. "Morning (Y/n). How's it been so far?" The girl sighed and wondered what would the appropriate response to his question.

"Dramatic to say the least." Bako chuckled when his eye got caught by something sparkling on the girl. At closer inspection, it looked like bits of glitter and small tufts of feathers.

"What happened to you?" (Y/n) confusingly brushed her hand through her messy, (h/c) hair and noticed what the boy was wondering about.

"Oh, this? Must be from what Ryo and I did in the closet." The girl giggled at her own bungling but the cerulean boy was far from happy. A sickening feeling of betrayal and displeasure overtook his senses and clouded his mind, sending him into inner corners of his reality. He couldn't believe that (Y/n) would spend, what seemed like, a large amount of time together and then seem so joyful about that. Moreover, the girl's use of little description only added to Bako's already paranoid state.

'Closet? What closet? What would they be doing in a closet? Why does she look so scruffy? No...she wouldn't, (Y/n) is too innocent and nice to do such obscene things....but Ryo-' Bako was brought back to Earth when he felt contact on his skin. The (e/c) eye'd female was flicking the boy's cheek to bring life back into his eyes and gave him a flummoxed expression. "Sorry, my mind wondered." He excused himself and gave a heartening smile. Despite being sceptic, (Y/n) didn't want to get into his personal business so she simply engaged in idle chatter with the new student until lessons started.

Time Skip

(Y/n) tried not to grimace when the crimson haired, orotund boy took a seat when Saki used to study/nap during social studies. "What are you doing?" She tried to say it in the most mannered way she could possibly muster but simply came out as passive-aggressive. However, Kaito ignored her hissing tone and made himself comfortable in his seat.

"I'm her so I can have a partner for the lesson." Despite the statement being true, it was only partly the reason the pompous intellectual sat next to the girl. Even though he doesn't wasn't to admit it -even to himself- he wanted to gather a more consistent and reliable database on the girl. "By the way: question number 5 is wrong." (Y/n) looked at her book and annoyingly scratched the answer out. "And that's not how you spell 'derogatory.'" Once again, the girl scribbled the word out with irritable energy, "And that's not where you draw the-"

"Ok, if your going to be doing THIS all throughout the class, I'm going to stab this pen through your eye and then mine." The boy wasn't phased by the girl's words but kept quiet to grant her wish. Though, during her teacher's lectures (Y/n) kept noticing her partner's icy gaze lingering on her. But everytime she glanced his way he would avert his eyes anywhere else beside her. After a few minutes of the irksome game, the female couldn't take any of more of the staring, "What?!" She swiftly turned her head as fast as she could before Kaito had the chance of looking away and belligerently whispered the question.

"What?" The male innocently questioned the girl's inquiry.

"Why do you keep looking at me?"

"I have done no such thing." Kaito put on a facade of offence and cluelessness.

"Yes you have-!" But before (Y/n) could further contradict him, her teacher swivelled in her direction and gave her a daring look to warn the irritated girl to be silent. "Sorry Miss..." She hung her head in shame and glared at the 'faultless' boy.

After the confrontation with the teacher, (Y/n) proceeded to ignore the student next to her and began concentrating on her work. Seeing the girl's reluctance to indulge his amusement, Kaito felt inclined to win her attention over. "That's not the right-"