Chapter 62: Changing Views

October 10th, Saturday

During the duration of the journey to the medical building, (Y/n) willingly ignored her three escorts as she could only focus on the prospect of seeing her injured friend. Kaito had assigned himself, Ryo and the musician to bring the girl to the hospital, despite the female's disdain towards the offer.

Ryo glared at the jacket, that had caused a great disturbance the previous day, being worn by the female. Just as he felt his anger boiling within his veins, he felt a harsh jab at his ribs by the intellectual beside him. "I told you to just let the subject be, for now." He scolded the blond, earning a sulking response from him.

As the teenagers neared the building, Ren found himself halting at the entrance as his feet refused to take him further inside. He took a moment to solemnly stare up at the structure before exhaling a sigh of discomfort, and proceeding to follow the rest of the group.

When the four students entered the reception area, (Y/n) quickly jogged to the woman at the desk to inquire permission to see her friend. "Are you a relative of Miss Simone?" The girl gulped at the question and uncomfortably fidgeted for an answer, unsure whether to bluff or be sincere.

"Uhm...well no but-" She felt a pair of hands being gently placed on her shoulders and turned around to see Ren giving her a reassuring smile.

"I'll sort this out." He turned towards the young woman at the desk and gingerly pushed the girl to the side, completely disengaging her from the conversation. (Y/n) stepped away from the two to leave the situation in the boy's hands.

"What does he mean by that?" She turned towards Kaito, who seemed disconnect from the business that was being executed before him.

"This hospital belong's to his family. With the priority this gives him, you'll have the chance to see your friend." His hypothesis was confirmed by the musician who was beaconing for the group to proceed with their journey.

(Y/n) quickly ran past the boy towards the direction of her friend's hospital room. She ignored the males' shouts to attract her attention as she only focused on her feet tapping against the marble floor, fixating her concentration on seeing her friend once more. As the girl skidded to a stop in front of the solid frame that separated her from the female inside, she took a deep breath to hush her nervousness and turned the handle that would allow her entry to the injured girl's room.

As (Y/n) entered the area, she could feel tears of emotional mixture when her eyes fell on the conscious girl that was sending a welcoming smile her way. The female sensed her words blocking out the passage of any proper sentence at her tongue, as she felt her irregular heartbeat bounding in her chest. "Summer!" She bolted towards the healing girl until she collided their bodies into one, and embraced her with a yearning hug. "Summer, thank goodness! I knew you'll be alright! I knew you'd get better...I hoped you would...don't worry, I'll help you get payback, the moment you want to press charges, I'll make sure you get the compensation you deserve." Despite her softened attitude on the six boys, (Y/n) knew this would be her rare opportunity to make amends with her friend and get vengeance on the males and possibly free herself from their influence.

"Uhm...alright...? Oh, Miss! Could you please bring me a jelly again?! I know I'm not supposed to have seconds, but this is the only food that has taste here." Summer held up a small cup that suggested on once withholding jelly within it, and gazed at the bewildered girl with a playful grin.

"What...?" (Y/n) stared at the other female with a bewildered expression and felt her thoughts passing through her mind like a sandstorm. "Summer, aren't you glad that I came here?" The resting teenager looked at the girl with a thoughtful expression that signalled deep contemplation.