Chapter 68: Disturbed Peace

Tuesday 13th, October

Kaito had kept his promise of the previous day and decided to stay in the home to look over the girl. Though on the down side for (Y/n), the male had practically forced her into a game of chess that resulted in his success of winning every game and leaving the girl with a dejected feeling in her gut as each fail knocked down her patience. "Aren't you getting tired of winning?" She irritatingly snapped at him as he declared checkmate on her King.

"I never get tired of winning." The boy gave a cocky smile and let the agitated female sort the miniature figurines out for the next game. The girl mumbled a few inaudible profanities under her breath before preparing the next round of pieces. Kaito glanced to the side to notice another person emerging from the kitchen, and smirked to himself at the calculated timing. "Jin! Come here and take my place. Educate the girl on how to sharpen her game skills." The intellectual sat up to allow the boy to replace him and relocated to another area in the living room.

Jin was slightly surprised by the sudden request, but didn't protest and joined the female to oppose her. The male smiled at the moping girl and began playing with her. Throughout the game, the boy would break down strategies and tip and tricks that would aid the female in future games, and (Y/n) caught on to the ideas hidden behind some of the roles of the pieces and ways to catch an opponent off guard. Kaito stood at the side, trying his best to contain any spiteful or condemning glares towards the boy, knowing his patience would pay off.

As the two teenagers finished off their first game, (Y/n) was satisfied with the great progression she had made in her skills and was neck and neck with the boy, before the moment he announced checkmate against her. "That was very good (Y/n). I hope you don't mind me winning." But the girl gave him a negative shake of the head and grinned at him with a thankful undertone.

"No way. Thanks for teaching me so much, I didn't know how deducting you have to be in a simple game of chess." Jin gave her a positive smile before he began applying the figurines back to play another round.

"Why don't you give him a pat on the head? I feel like he deserves a bit more gratitude considering how badly you started off." Kaito spoke out from the side with a small smirk to his lips. (Y/n) felt confusion catching up to her before glancing back at her partner in the game, and seeing his eager expression at the suggestion of the action.

The girl felt her conscience getting the better of her and sighed before extending her hand out to ruffle the boy's scalp.

"Is that all? Give him a bit of praise (Y/n), you can't expect him to know how grateful you are with just a simple gesture." The female glared at the demands the boy was giving out, but much like last time, Jin's avid expression struck at her heart.

"Good job buddy. Thank you for helping me out in the game." She brightly smiled at the boy, forcing him to retract his head into his shirt so as to hide the red tint accumulating in his cheeks. 'Bashful as ever, I guess...huh?' (Y/n) had seemed to catch on at that moment of a fourth presence that stood in the room.

"Ah, Ren. Glad you can join us. Would you like to take a seat next to Jin and watch the game?" The musician was glaring daggers into the male that received the tender touches of the girl and knew if he were to come close to the boy, he would be sending him to the hospital a second time.

"No thank you, I'll go to my room." The boy answered through clenched teeth, and forced his glare away from the two players.

"Wait. I'll come with you." All three of the boys were slightly surprised at the girl's choice as she stood up to approach the stygian teenager and join him in his journey.

The pair left the two other males in the living room. Jin looked over at the other boy to see him contemplatively scratching his cheek in a thoughtful demeanour. "There it is again. You're up to something..." Kaito glanced towards the brunet to see the suspicious look he was giving him.