Chapter 23: Study Session

"I-is this really necessary?" (Y/n) asked as she tried to get into a more comfortable position in the animal lover's lap. Ryo kept on sending the boy deathly glares at the fact that he wouldn't let her sit even an inch close to him and ended up assigning her a place in his own arms.

"Yes." Was his blunt answer and showed no signs of continuing the explanation.

"YOU WEREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Ryo exaggeratedly shouted but didn't seem to have an effect on the serious boy. "Why do you have your arms around (Y/n)?! Answer me that?!" He pointed at the embrace Alex was giving the girl with evident, begrudging irritation.

"To keep her safe." Ryo began getting more and more angered as he further watched the way Alex had his hands tightly wrapped around the girl's body as his head rested on her back, much like the way you would see a couple in romance movies acting.

"That's it! Get out-" the carob eyed male was about to forcefully dismiss his quiet friend when he was interrupted by a person swinging his bedroom door open.

"(Y/n), would you like me to get you something to drink?" Ren appeared with his kind smile directed at the girl but subliminal spiteful signals being sent at both the boys' direction.

"No, I'm fine." She told the male and he left with a disappointed frown. "Ok, so you say you're having a tough time with algebra, but it's really more simple than-" she was interrupted by another visit from a different male.

"(Y/n), do you want something to eat? I can go prepare lunch for you if you want." Much like Ren, Bako also gave off the same subconscious vibe but was also politely dismissed by the girl and had to leave.

"As I was saying, what it all stacks up as, is-" A third interruption occurred as Kaito entered the scene.

"(Y/n), I'm aware that it's customary to ask a guest if they need any sort of necessities such as nourishments and materialistic things like pillows or entertainment. Do you wish for any of those things?" He attempted to ignore the gut-wrenching annoyance that came with the sight of Alex's tight hold on the girl.

"N-no I'm good, I promise." Kaito nodded and retreated back to the outside.

'Ok, now I'm positive they are doing this on purpose...' Ryo kept watching the door, expecting any second for the cycle to repeat itself.

"A-anyway, for example, the subject in this formula is 's' so you have to find-"

"(Y/n), I made juice, do you want some?" Ren appeared with a jug and glasses of, what looked like orange juice.

"Hey! You either come in or you stay out!" Ryo angrily shouted at the new company while Ren kept his usual gracious smile.

"Alright, make room for one more." The dark haired boy walked over to the group and sat himself beside (Y/n).

"I wasn't serious!" Ryo was getting to the point where he was going to start screaming everything he spoke. At that moment, another figure appeared at the door with a tray of light foods.

"I made sandwiches. Can I join too?" Bako looked at (Y/n) with a hopeful expression.

"No-!"

"Sure, the more the merrier I guess." She ushered him in and the boy took a seat on the opposite side of the table to face her.

'Wwhhyy angel...?' Ryo quietly pouted in the corner as his hopes of spending some alone time with his beloved angel were shattered like a fragile children's toy. Kaito soon enough entered the scene and made no attempt at asking for permission to stay but rather granted it himself and sat beside Bako. "Are half of you even here to study with us?" Ryo doubtfully looked at each one of the boys who had guilty expressions.