Chapter 34: Grief

Ryo started distracting the azure male, who was currently beating him at Moral Kombat. "Take it like a man, you cheat." Despite his comment, the blond continued to throw his weight around towards the boy to sabotage him.

Kaito cringed at the bothersome noise and bitterly glared at them. "A person cannot simply enjoy some peace around you two."

"Don't be like that, come and join us!" The blond threw a controlled in his direction while the intellectual simply flicked it away and proceeded to read his book. "Ren! Could you make some popcorn?!'" Ryo shouted towards the kitchen to the boy inside.

"Make it yourself, I'm cooking."

He cooly replied, making the male groan in frustration. He then glanced at the quiet boy that was sitting on the couch with the dog next to him and spoke out in a sweet tone, "Alex, could you-?"

"No." Ryo slumped at his rejected offer. Out of the silence came a pair of angry footsteps descending from the second floor. As Jin appeared on the landing, he held a distasteful expression and threw his phone to the ground, seemingly uncaring whether it would come out in working condition again. "Wow, Jin is actually angry about something. Don't abuse your phone like that man, it didn't do anything to you." Jin unamusingly glanced at the playful boy and exhaled heavily.

Bako paused the game glanced at his frustrated friend. "What's wrong? You seem stressed?" The brunet begrudgingly walked towards his abandoned device and reluctantly took it back.

"(Y/n) set me up with this girl and she hasn't stopped texting me since yesterday." He looked at his phone to see three new messages from the female in question. When he glimpsed back at the blond, a certain sense of anger and indignation spread through at the sight of the boy's mocking grin.

"So she friend zoned you? HAHAHA, that's precious! Jin, I can't imagine how-" in a matter of seconds, Ryo was shoved to the wall, just barely allowing his feet to touch the ground. He would have felt some sort of jolt of pain, had the shock of the sudden action worn off. "J-Jin, what the-?!"

"Shut up! I'm getting really tired of your punchy, little comments." The boy pushed the blond further into the wall, digging his fingers further into the boy's shoulders. "Don't you f**king crack jokes at me when you don't understand how it's like! I've been more than patient with her and in the end I get nothing but the title of her friend. So go and make a punch line out of that, I dare you. Give me a reason to do something." Ryo could feel his shoulder blades fracturing under the tremendous amount of pressure he was receiving from the snapped boy. The blond got a chance to relax when Jin had to be torn away from him and set at a distance.

"Jin calm down! What's wrong with you?" Ren held the enraged boy back, still in a stupor at the unheard of rage that he was exhibiting.

"Stay composed. What has gotten into you?" Kaito scolded the uncontrolled boy, who simply turned to him with a glare.

"And you..." Jin shredded himself away from his restrainer and strode over to the other male in question. Before Kaito could react to the sudden approach, he was gripped by the throat, causing him to choke out his surprise. "You know how to make things happen, right Kaito? Then bring (Y/n) here. I want my (Y/n). I've been patient with your little guidelines, and look where it got me. I want (Y/n), get her here..." The more he spoke out her name, the tighter the grip around the intellectual's neck became, restricting the male's speech. Before anything could further escalate, Jin had to be forcefully wrenched away as a buzz was heard. The male was forced to calmly simmer as he had to be tightly held back by the tall artist.

"What's wrong with you?! Calm down!" As Bako kept an iron hold on the feral boy and Ren attempted to speak sense into his friend,

Ryo began noticing the annoying sounds of the frantic buzzer and unsettlingly walked over to the intercom to ask on who it was. "It's me. Let me in." From the speaker came out the stiff, serious voice of the girl. After a moment of silent exchange of glances and an immediate effect on the enraged boy as he snapped back into his more stable state, (Y/n) asked for the gate to be unlocked in stern speech.