Chapter 21: Not Sorry Enough

Once maths was over with, (Y/n) got ready to fulfil her promise towards the blond male and decided to wait for him outside the class room. Ryo and his partner were noticeably slow packers and (Y/n) had to lean against the wall in order to patiently rest while they gathered their belongings. While they were finishing up with little expeditiousness, she heard her name being called out to get her attention. She turned in the direction of the noise to spot a familiar face. "Ren? How's it going?" She took notice of the happy expression the boy held and wondered what might have got him so cheery.

Ren ends his stride beside her and takes her hand, "Come with me." It was a sternly, kind request and with ought waiting for her answer, the musician began tugging (Y/n) away. She attempted to halt in one spot but simply ended up skidding and skating while Ren remained oblivious of her struggle and continued to literally drag her along.

"R-Ren, sto-!" Through her stuttering she tried to reach out to the boy to stop him but his mind seemed to be in a completely different world.

When the male had finally stopped, it was in front of the music room. While (Y/n) was laboriously catching her breath, Ren entered the room to wait for her to regain composure. After she was done hyperventilating, (Y/n) followed the raven into the class and saw her teacher and the boy expectantly standing by for the girl. 'Am I in trouble?'

"(Y/n), don't stand there, you're welcome to come in." Mr Shima politely gestures for the hesitant girl to enter the room and walk next to the musician. "As you know, the Halloween dance will be coming up in October and so, I'm sure you're aware of how talented Ren is so I asked him if he can use his potential and talent to perform during the celebration with the help of an assistant." (Y/n) gave Ren a congratulating look and then looked back at the soft-spoken teacher.

"That's great and I'm sure he'll do an amazing job...but is that why I was brought here? To hear the news?" Mr Shima smiled at the curious girl and shot Ren a mischievous look that, to the obliviousness of the girl, made the boy's cheeks gain colour.

"Well, Ren here said that he will agree to perform under one condition. Can you guess what that is?" The music teacher showed the girl a cheeky smile that only confused the female further.

"I-I'm sorry Sir, I don't know." Every passing second only seemed to intensify the boy's bashfulness. And he was almost certain his teacher was doing it on purpose.

The music tutor smiled playfully at the clueless girl and decided to relieve the boy, "Well, Ren here said he will do it if you agreed to be his assistant." (Y/n) looked towards the embarrassed boy, even more muddled.

"T-That is if you want to. I'll find someone else if you're not up for it." However he did in fact hope that (Y/n) would agree to the condition.

But (Y/n) wasn't certain what her job would be and she wasn't much of a musician herself and wasn't clear of the curriculum she had to endure. "Well, I'm not sure Sir-"

"Listen, you won't have to do anything difficult if that's what your worried about. Just helping Ren out with preparing the piano and watching over his equipment and booking a place in the Halloween performances for him. And a few minor things and you're done. I'm sure Ren will really appreciate and enjoy your help." His kind attitude only added weight to his words and encouraged the girl, while the boy next to her was catching the smug smile his teacher was sending his way.

"S-Sir..." The student hissed out as quietly as possible so only the other male could hear him. The teacher only seemed further amused at the harmless, paranoid embarrassment Ren was enduring.

"Well...I guess I can try. I don't want to inconvenience Ren with a stranger so I'll do it." She enthusiastically adds and smiles at her new partner. Ren grinned down at girl and felt his blood migrating back to his cheeks when he heard Mr Shima chuckling at his reaction.