Chapter 71: Last Resort

Wednesday 14th, October

Kaito escorted the last of the household, while the leftover males hesitated to leave the boy in charge if the girl for the span of the day. The male closed the door and heard the confirming sounds coming from the kitchen and approached the doorway to check on the person inside. Leaning against the door frame, he pleasingly stared at the female's back as she diverted her attention with a distraction hidden out of the boy's view. "What are you doing?"

(Y/n) nearly jumped at the male's unexpected appearance and proceeded to compose herself before solemnly turning back around. "Nothing really..."

Kaito approached the girl as she began preparing tea for herself and placed his palm on top of her hand, squeezing through the gaps of her fingers and holding her hand up to place against his cheek. "Try to be a bit more enthusiastic over this (Y/n). I've waited so long to spend some nice, quality time with you...And now I have you all to myself." In the midst of his enjoyment over his reward, the girl pulled away and walked towards the fridge to find an excuse that would distance herself from the male. Kaito huffed out in disapproval in slight irritation as he watched the girl preparing her breakfast. 'I guess I'll be fishing for any speech from her if I want us to actual enter conversation.'

Bako silently made his way through the crowds of students as they ran and walked around with their friends to assigned destinations, While the male kept a secluded bubble around himself as he ignored the rest of the world around. 'That f**king son of a...-I can't just go on like this with the thought of him putting his filthy hands on (Y/n)...If he touches even the air around her, I'll ring his neck and force him down a pipe.'

As the boy amused himself with his malicious thoughts, he felt a sensation creeping up on him from out of thin air. After attempting to ignore it for the first minute, Bako spun around and scan through the crowds of teenagers as he attempted to spot the source of the disturbance.

'Was someone watching me...? UGH! I won't be able to have some peace like this. He's just trying to drive me over the edge with his little games.' While the boy directed his malevolent intents towards the intellectual, he readied to scream out his vexation but forced himself to stop after being reminded of his position and location.

"Uhm...Miss?" As the teacher turned around to notice a pair of her students giving her urgent and concerned expressions, she gestured for them to proceed with their inquiry as she intently listened to them. "Ryo has been sitting in the corner, mumbling things to himself for the past 30 minutes...uhm, we're kind of worried about him." The woman looked towards where the students were pointing at to regard the blond curled up between the conjoining walls as his face was buried deep in his knees.

The woman unsurely scratched her neck before dismissing the pair with gratitude and proceeded to approach the boy with a friendly smile. She crouched down to level with his height and gently spoke to him as though he were a wounded animal. "Hey there Ryo. You doing alright there?"

The boy remained unresponsive for a long moment, making the older woman unsure if he had heard her. However, he eventually shuffled around in his position as he muttered something inaudible to the rest of his surroundings.

"Pardon? What was that?" The female strained her ear to catch the slightest sound from the lulled boy. She gave him an uncertain smirk as she urged for him to speak up.

"Can angels love devils?" The boy's tone was devoid of his past charisma as he attempted to look towards his world with color, only to be greeted with a blank canvas. The older woman seemed stumped at the question and was uncertain if she had even heard him correctly.