Chapter 57: Acceptance

The girl felt her body gently stirring awake as she regained her senses, groggily rubbing her eyes to ride them of the abrasive layer of dryness and glanced down at the male that was still napping at her stomach. She sighed, realising she would not be able to move until he also succumb to reality. The girl glanced around the warm room to absorb her surroundings, only to be paralysed at the figure that stood a few feet away from the pair. (Y/n) nearly jumped at the sight of the third presence and felt her blood run cold at the dark, lifeless eyes that stared at the teenagers with spite, as they tried to repel the image before them. "R-Ren? Where did you come from?" She half whispered, mindful over waking the male that was still using her as a cushion.

The boy kept his chilled and condemning stare lingering the female until it lightly shifted toward his friend, still resting on top of her. He grimaced at the sight and clenched his jaw until a slight squeaking sound was heard from the pressured hinges. Ren breathes heavily as each exhale sent shivers down the girl's spine.

"Ren...?" She wasn't sure what she was supposed to ask that would break through to the boy as his eyes became black holes, meant to devour anything in their vision.

Jin gently began getting agitated in his slumbering state until he opened his tired eyes to look up at the girl he had been resting on. After taking a moment of confusion and realisation, he quickly retracted with a light red tint on his cheeks, as he darted his eyes around the room in a failing attempt to hide his shame. "I-I'm sorry." He blurted out before turning away, only to notice the third member in the area.

The two boys stared at one another with blank expressions as the only exchange of application. "I-I'll go now. Hope you get better Jin." The female arose from the bed and tensed up her muscles as she passed by the musician who had been emitting a toxic air around him. "See ya..." She regretfully closed the door behind her, hoping for the pianist to contain any urges of malevolence.

The girl sighed out her concern and prepared to leave the area until she was nearly tackled to the ground by an energetic figure.

"R-Ryo, you startled me!" She looked back to notice the blond boy squeezing her in a happy bear hug, a large simper plastered across his bright face. The male chuckled at the girl's reaction and retracted with a wide grin.

"Sorry angel, I just couldn't wait to hold you again." He swung back and forth on his toes and heels, elated with the female's presence. "How has my darling been doing?"

"I'm fine..." The cheered boy noticed a small dip in her voice and placed a hand on her head to stroke the uncertain female.

"That doesn't sound like it, something seems to be on your mind." He noticed the girl's unassured expression and felt his mood going down at her uneasy state. "Is everything alright?"

(Y/n) rattled her head in uncertainty and caught the boy by surprise as she handed him a serious look. "Can I ask you something?" Ryo raised an eyebrow at the sudden inquiry but proceeded to positively nod his head. "Is this something important to you?" She lifted up the silver wings of the intricate ornament that hung around her neck. The boy stared at the object with a blackened expression before quickly attempting to replace it with a coveted smile.

"W-why do you ask angel?" However, the female remained unfooled by the counterfeit grin and kept a serious expression.

"Kaito keeps acting weird around this thing and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that." Ryo's ebullient smirk disappeared at the uncover and his vibrant eyes withheld a shattered band of anguish in them, alerting the girl.

"It used to be my mother's." (Y/n) stared down at the necklace with even more questions racing through her mind.

She examined the precious jewellery and gave the boy another befuddled gaze. "But won't she mind you giving this to me? It looks so expensive and precious and-"