Chapter 42: An Accident

The girl was given a long while to spend with her thoughts and decisions. (Y/n) quietly contemplated what she should do next without the insight of the males. She massaged her own head to take some tension away from her mind, though it didn't do much to help her condition. However, every labouring attempt that she made was quickly diminished as the cursed phone began calling her attention once again. She groaned loudly and took the device to sadly answer it. "What?" The question was coldly mannered and bluntly toned to specify her unkindly mood.

"Hey (Y/n), I just wanted to check up on my favourite girl." She recognised the boy to be Bako and her blood pressure exceeded further.

"Well I'm fine, are we done here?" He was slightly troubled by the dismissive attitude of the girl but attempted to further the conversation.

"Now hold on dear, I simply want to-"

"Don't call me 'dear', I'm nothing to you." Bako was left speechless at the unnaturally angry tone he was a witness to.

"What do you mean? You're so much to me-" There was a loud bang that resonated from the girl's end of the connection, which sent the male's worries on high alert. "(Y/n), what happened?!"

"Oh I'm sorry, I was just getting tired of the lies you keep saying. So I simply took my nerves out on the nearest door." She sarcastically spoke with irritable mannerisms.

"I-I'm not lying (Y/n), I-"

"Don't even, I don't know what you're problem is, but I can't deal with you guys right now...goodbye." Before the boy was given a chance to object to her request, she cut him off by hanging up.

She nonchalantly tossed the phone in a random direction, and simply rested her head down on the couch and curled up against the cushions to embrace the warmth of each fiber. This sent her into a world of relief as her only thoughts were filled with the memories of a better time, creating an invisible shield around her mind to protect from the infectious males. As the peace slowly engulfed her form in a cocoon, her mind switched off to send her in a world of dreams as her unaware ears blocked out the sounds of loud buzzing.

Time Skip

When the girl awoke again, she was completely detached from her surroundings and had to take a moment on registering where she was located. After a minute of regaining her sense or reality, she stood up to get herself a glass of water and check on the time, before opting on doing anything at that moment. She looked towards the clock to notice that she had remained unconscious for two hours after the phone call with the boy. 'Oh yeah...that call.' She splashed chilled water on her face to clear up her muddled mind, and sighed out her frustration as she went to search for the missing device. She decided to crouch down to have a better sense of special awareness and looked around the floor of where she recalled herself tossing the mobile. The girl silently surveyed her actions at the back of her mind while the seeking out of the phone remained unfruitful. 'Maybe I should have been more mindful over what I said. I should have just kept my mouth closed and let him speak until he was finished...I hope this didn't cause any problems.' Noticing a smooth glint from under the coffee table, (Y/n) reached out her hand and felt around until she was sure she had grasped onto the device she had been looking for. 'I'm sure nothing too much could happen, I mean, it wasn't that serious...' As she turned the phone on, the air surrounding her seemed to thicken as each particle felt like it grew to the size of a ball. On the screen were displayed 6 individual numbers with a remarkable quantity of calls from each one of them. Texts inclining on the girl's wellbeing and location were sent over and over again from each contact, and as her eyes wondered around each call and message her hands began to tremble. With shaking fingers, she dialled the number she was sure belonged to the ruby haired male and put the phone to her ear, frantically hoping for an answer. The call was connecting to the other phone and each passing second seemed to determine what actions would be taken next. When she heard the relieving sound of her phone being put through, her breath steadied. "K-Kaito, listen. I would have answered but-"