Chapter 36: An Apology

Thursday, September 24th

(Y/n) began wondering why she hadn't seen Kenzan after school the previous day. He had promised her he would take the girl home but after looking around, she had not found any sign of him in the school, and opted to go home alone. 'He was probably busy. It's only understandable, he has a lot of things to think of without me dumping my problems on him.' The girl sighed and was about to stretch her arms when someone came up from behind her and began assaulting her sides with tickles. "Ahaha! Stop stop-! Mercy!" She felt her knees weaken and for a second it seemed she would fall to the ground if there weren't a pair of arms holding her in place.

"Daaww, I never knew you were so ticklish (Y/n)." Ryo cheerfully smiled at the defeated girl and rubbed her head. "How's my angel this morning?"

(Y/n) fixed her disordered hair and sighed heavily, "I'm fine...just can't wait until I get over this." The blond quietly watched the girl's stressed state and prepared to wrap his arms around her as a means of comfort. "Kenzan!" (Y/n) jolted forward to wave at the boy up ahead, avoiding the other male's touch. The girl prepared to run up to her childhood friend but stopped as she took notice of the expression he made. It was a face filled with hurt and betrayal, a face that had never been directed towards the girl before, until now. "Kenzan...?" The boy clearly seemed torn on discussing a subject with his friend but simply turned around and continued walking. "Hey, wait-" But before she could get any closer, Ryo pulled her back and kept her still.

"Come on angel, you're not going to give me some attention?" (Y/n) looked at him with a torn expression.

"But Ryo, he looks upset. I need to see what's wrong." The female made the first steps in approaching the other male that was currently far up ahead of them, when she stopped at Ryo's words.

"You weren't concerned when I got upset yesterday..." The boy's voice was low and hurtful, intentionally said in a quiet manner to seem as a second thought but loud enough to be caught by the female. (Y/n) quickly turned around to contradict the actor, who was irritatingly looking at the ground.

"Ryo it's not that I don't care." However, her weak excuse had no effect on the teenager who still moped at her actions. "...Alright, I'll stay. I'm sorry."

The blond had an immediate change of mood and tightly hugged the girl, making sure no escape was possible from his embrace. "Let's go then! I want to spend a bit more time with my angel before we depart!"

Time Skip

Lunchtime seemed to cheer the girl up a bit when she could finally enjoy a proper meal without the stress on her thoughts. Though her curiosity was still playing on her mind at what her love interest was unnerved over. 'Did I say something wrong? Last time we spoke he seemed pretty happy...' When her wondering could no longer be helped she found herself walking around the building, looking for the specified boy. Just as she found her attempts vain, she spotted the student she had been searching for. "Kenzan! Dude, hey." However, as she approached the male he seemed to take notice of the oncoming girl and turned the other way with a nuance of reprehensibility to his manner. (Y/n) stopped herself on the spot at his retreat, baffled at what she had done wrong to have him react like that towards her. "W-wait-" A hand reach around her waist and without a sign of warning began to spin the panicked girl, while she struggled in the arms. "No, please let go!" Complying with her wishes, the person set her down. The girl looked at who the rowdy boy was to see Bako's confused face looking down on her with worry.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" He began checking the girl for any signs of pain but she simply shook him off.

"No, I just wanted to catch up with Kenzan." The mention of the other boy's name sent a surge of disgust and envy through the cobalt-eyed male. as he noticed the girl's departing posture, he held her on the spot.