Chapter 2

‘’You ready to go?’’ Paul asked as I came out of the bathroom having just changed into a t-shirt and jeans.

‘’ Yeah, is the wheelchair really necessary?’’

He smiled and nodded.

I sat in as he wheeled me out, everyone was sent home as they had to get to work so it was just Paul and I. He drove me over to my dad's house and set me up in my old room. He disappeared for awhile and then came back with lunch.

‘’ You know staring at me the entire time wont make me talk about it’’

He just shook his head, ‘’ Mia ... you need to let someone in. I cant think what would make you so upset on the night of your engagement party for you too..’’

‘’ Paul just drop it please. I just want to eat and then sleep so please, just drop it’’

My routine for the past week has just been eating and then sleeping, not that I wanted to eat though but whenever it was meal time someone would always decide to eat with me for some reason.

●●●●

I woke up and the entire room was dark. I reached over for my phone to check the time, it was 2am but I realized it wasn’t my phone. I didn’t have a wallpaper and yet there was a picture of me, Roman and Lucy at the carnival.

That's when I realized someone was holding me, I turned and saw that Roman was sleeping next to me. He was lying on top of the covers with his clothes on but holding me tightly. I didn’t know what to do, he knew I didn’t want to see him.

I was panicking and then my tears began falling as I was frustrated because I couldn’t move. He wasn’t suppose to be here. I tried not to make a sound but my sobs betrayed me.

I felt his body shift, my hair was covering my face. I felt him lean over me and switch on the lamp.

‘’ I know you’re awake’’ he whispered softly and then I felt his hand brush my hair out of my face and wipe my tears.

I still didn’t look up at him as he propped himself onto his elbow.

‘’ Why are you here?’’ I asked coldly.

‘’ Because I want to be here whether you like it or not’’

I didn’t respond.

‘’ Mia, Let me in... ‘’

I sat up and looked straight ahead. ‘’ Just go please’’

‘’ I am not leaving you! Everyone else might be going along with this and just leaving you alone because you tell them to. But I wont, so you better get used to the silence or start talking cause either way I'm not leaving’’

‘’ Just leave me alone, I'm not your fiancé anymore. I don’t know why you didn’t clarify that for everyone’’

‘’ Well I'm sorry for not letting anyone know that immediately when we got to the crash site or after you were rushed to hospital or wait! For the months you were out and the months I was forced to work while you were here, that would’ve been a nice announcement’’

‘’ I have told you before, I don’t deserve you, the sooner you realise that the...’’

‘’ You know what? Randy and I were speaking and the only reason you are feeling this way is because of your past and you know it’’

I turned to look at him. ‘’ In all the time we have been together you have never questioned my feelings for you and then that one stupid thing and it sets you off? You have always told me in our arguments that you don’t deserve me which has bothered me so much. Because I couldn’t understand why you couldn’t see what I saw in you or why you didn’t think of these things when you were with Randy or Paul’’

I looked ahead of me again.

‘’ Mia I wont leave you like she did, I wont stop loving you, I know for a fact that you are the only one that I want because there is no one else like you. You have always stuck with me and my moods and I will be damned if I just grant your wishes and leave you alone’’

‘’ Roman, don’t do this...’’ my tears fell yet again.

‘’ Don't fight for you? Fight for the woman I love? You are going through some shit, we all do. But I wont let you go down the road on your own, please tell me that your car crashing was a accident and you didn’t..’’

‘’ I wanted to get away so badly but no, I didn’t crash my car on purpose. I got lost in my thoughts and ended up in the wrong lane and then when I tried to swerve I guess I don’t know..’’

‘’ You hit a tree, Mia where were you going?’’

I looked down and then turned to look at him. ‘’To Paris, disappear for a few months so that you could forget about me’’

‘’ So you were going to leave me? Mia, you leaving wont make me forget you. Its time you realize that I love you and I'm not like anyone in your past, I wont leave you EVER.. ‘’

‘’ Well I don’t love you, so you shou...’’

‘’ I don’t love you either’’ he smiled at me.

I laid back and stared up at the ceiling.

‘’ You don’t?’’ I didn’t have the energy anymore to defend what I was trying to say, maybe it was the painkillers I took just a few hours ago that made me weaker, I don’t know.

‘’ Nope. I'm in love with Mia McMahon, you might know her; short, purple hair, smoking bod, a bit crazy but she’s my kinda crazy and she has a great ass too but mine is bigger though’’

I bit my lip because I really didn’t want to laugh as I turned to look at him. He had a huge smirk on his face as he knew what he was doing.

‘’ And her moves in the bedroom? Daaaaamn that girl's flexible, the way she..’’

‘’ Roman!’’ I placed both my hands over my face .

‘’ Well arguing with you didn’t work, my sense of humour didn’t work. Come on baby girl’’

‘’ You aren’t going to leave me alone are you?’’ I turned on my side and faced him.

He shook his head, ‘’ I love you Mia and I know you love me, we’ll get through this. Will you give us a chance and be my fiancé again?’’