Chapter 3

9months earlier

I was sitting on the beach, I didn't have the courage to go inside and face everyone who would ask me what happened to Mia. I know that there is so much more to whats going on with her and I cant let her deal with it alone.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, thinking or rather hoping it was her.

''Hello?''

'' Mr Anoa'i there's been an accident just down the road leading from The Hamptons you..''

I ended the call and immediately ran to a car.

I saw the car that she had been driving crashed into a tree, I was looking for her but she wasn't in it. I saw her being wheeled into the ambulance.

''Sir, you cant pass here...''

''Its my fiancé!'' They let me through and I ran to join her in the ambulance.

She was lucid, her eyes barely open. She had bruises all over her face, her beautiful dress I had bought her while we had been in Paris was ripped. There was blood, I had never seen her in that state before and I hated it so much.

She was trying to say something, I leaned down, '' Don't.. Don't leave me''

I gripped her hand tightly, ''I'm not going anywhere at all''

I sent a text to her father telling him to meet us at the hospital , there was no point in calling anyone else as they were all there.

●●

'' Roman'' Nikki came in with John and then the rest followed. It was like a mob, everyone filled the waiting room.

'' What happened?'' Her dad questioned me and I honestly didn't know what to say.

I didn't know if I should've told them about her breaking off the engagement and then left. I let her leave and everything was all my fault.

'' I went looking for her as she had disappeared and then I got a call from the police , her car had crashed into a tree and...''

'' A tree?''

I nodded and then we saw the doctor enter the waiting room.

''Whose here for Mia McMahon?'' everyone stood up and I noticed the shocked expression on the doc's face.

'' Okay.. Considering what I heard of the state of the car, she is very lucky as she suffered minor injuries. There was a bit of internal bleeding but we managed to control it.''

'' So we can see her?''

He shook his head.

'' Even though her injuries are mild, she seems to be having trouble waking up, which is basically normal. So all we can do is be patient at this point.''

I sat down into a seat with my hands covering my face as I leaned down, I felt little hands touch me, it was Lucy.

'' Daddy when can we see Aunty Mi. I want to show her the picture of her and Viper that I drew'' the excitement on her face, she didn't know what was going on.

'' Not now sweetie, she's just sleeping for a bit okay?'' I had to be strong, but all I wanted to do was break down as the images of her just lying there, I felt someone rubbing my back.