Chapter 39

"Baby girl..." I felt Roman's lips against my ears as he whispered.

I turned to face him.

"Yeah.." he smiled slightly and kissed my forehead , I sensed he wanted to do more but he didn't, well who would after being refused so many times.

I missed him but even his touch felt tainted by Aaron.

"Lucy's downstairs..."

I sat up and saw it was just after 11, we had been at John's the entire week and as promised Lucy would be spending the weekend here.

"How about you jump in the shower while I head down to join them" he said softly.

The entire week we have been here Roman has not been pushing me, he would merely kiss me on my cheek or forehead and hasn't even hugged me.

I hated it, but I had caused him to feel awkward around his own fiancé with all of my weird acting.

"Sure..." I realized he was already dressed in a shorts and muscle top.

I disappeared into the bathroom .

"Aunty Mi!" I felt Lucy jump into my arms as I walked into the kitchen.

I had slipped on a maxi dress with a cardigan and tied my hair up.

"Hey sweetie! Is your mom still here?" she shook her head.

"Mommy and uncle Seth will be here for dinner later" she smiled excitedly.

"That's awesome! Come on lets sit at the table and have some pancakes"

I took her hand and we sat down.

"Morning guys" I smiled at John and Nikki and they smiled as they ate.

As I ate I gripped Roman's hand in my free hand which rested in his lap as I felt extremely guilty for the past few weeks, he hadn't even questioned me about the Aaron not knowing my family thing .

He looked down at our hands and then brought it up to his lips and kissed it as a smile grew on his face.

"So whats our plans for the day?" John asked as he finished first.

"I was thinking we could go to the beach it's a nice day and..." I unintentionally squeezed Roman's hand as I tensed at the mention of beach.

"Do you not want to go to the beach?" he turned to me.

"I'm just not feeling up for the beach today , I just feel sick..."

I shrugged, "You guys can head out though"

I smiled.

"We cant go without you Mi that's just..." Roman cut Nikki off before she could continue.

"Its fine Mia can rest at home then..Lucy hasn't been to the beach in awhile..." he let go of my hand and stood up to set his dishes in the dishwasher.

I could see Nikki wanted to argue with him but the look I gave her told her not to.

"Aunty Mi you have to come with! You still have to help me build a castle for the monkey you bought me"