Chapter 42

I was searching through the cabinet for a bandage but couldn't really see as my tears couldn't stop falling.

"Mi..." I heard his voice as he entered the apartment.

"What's going on?" He crouched down next to me.

"I .. I hurt my hand by the oven and I can't find a bandage.."

My voice was shaky and I couldn't prevent it.

"Stop I'll look..." He gently pulled my hands away from the mess and helped me stand up.

"Stop crying baby girl.. You're just upsetting yourself I'll have you fixed up in no time" he wiped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

But I couldn't as the pain of my hand was no comparison to the pain I felt due to what I had to do.

He lift me onto the counter and then searched through the cupboard.

He set ointment and a bandage down next to me.

He then went over to the stove and switched it off , "don't want to be eating burnt pie" he smiled.

And I knew it would most likely be the last time I saw it.

He gently treated my hand and placed the bandage over it.

"It will be fine Mia.. Just minor.. Please stop crying.."

He pulled me into a hug and ran his hand gently back and forth over my back.

"Roman there's something I..."

"Come on I'll dish for us while you sit at the table" he moved away from me and headed to the oven and I went to sit at the table and wiped my eyes.

I needed to be strong..

"You know on the way back Jimmy begged to come with as I told him you were most likely cooking" he laughed.

"That pie's his favourite.." I whispered.

"And mine" he set a plate down in front of me and took a seat opposite me as he ate.

"Did you watch how I destroyed Sheamus? He doesn't know what's heading his way Sunday"

He winked at me before eating,

I smiled slightly, "no I didn't but I am sure you did"

"What's wrong Mia, you know I hate when you do this... It can't just be your hand."

He set his fork down and stared directly at me with those grey eyes that I had fallen for.

"I.."

I heard the landline ringing and stood up to get it as I couldn't look into his eyes anymore.

"Don't even try to tell him about me then you'll end up losing much more than your first love or fiance... Tick tock..."

I set the phone down and as I turned I jumped as Roman stood behind me.

"Mia please..." He whispered and I saw the concern fill his face.

"Roman I... I have to..." I tried but I just couldn't say it, I couldn't say it.

"Mi what happened while I was gone?..."

"Nothing" I shook my head.

" Something happened.. you are scaring me Mia"

"I'm .. I'm leaving you" I blurted out.

"What?"

"I just can't do it anymore I need a break... time to be on my own"

"Are you fucking serious right now? Why the hell are you doing this?"

He whispered and I saw his bewildered eyes and them glistening as his tears slowly formed.

"Mia... I just got you back. Fucking love you and you love me don't you?"

"I don't.." I looked away, "things have changed and..."

"Look into my fucking eyes when you say it!"
I jumped at his raised voice but I couldn't because I could
never stop loving him.

"Baby.." He moved towards me and clutched my face and kissed me.

"Don't leave me" he whispered against my lips.

"I don't want this to be real Mia, I have ignored everything as I feared this so please don't do this"

"What?"

"You've been fucking cheating on me with Aaron. I thought I was enough for you but its clear I wasn't. I thought once Paul and Randy were out of the picture I was all you needed."

"You are all. I need Roman.."

He shook his head.

"Then why are you fucking saying this? "

"Roman I didn't..."

"I saw you Mia! I saw you at the fucking birthday party with him!!! I went to give Lucy a call and when I came back you were gone and I went looking for you and I saw you with him. Lying there with him.." He shook his head as tears streamed down his face.

"You saw me with him?" I whispered.

"Yes I fucking saw you Mia... But I don't care I can look past all of this . Just don't leave me"

" I needed you..." I shook my head as he saw and I couldn't believe it.

"I still need you Mia.. You are everything to me. You said you would never leave me"

"I have to.."

"You don't have to do fucking shit! You're leaving me for some guy who just shows up after everything we have been through together?"

I nodded as it was the only way.

"You're really leaving me for him" I turned away and went for the front door as I hated lying to him and this was the worst one as I saw his hurt I could feel it.

"YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME!!!" I saw his tears falling and I hated it so much.

"Please don't make this difficult Roman..  you don't understand I have to do this..."

" Make me understand Mia... you are lying to me! I have known you for three years I know when you are hiding something"

"I have to go" I whispered.

"No I'll go its your apartment" he took his bags and turned to face me.

"Mia I don't care that you cheated please just reconsider.." He stood in the doorway staring down at me.

"Roman please I can't .." I shook my head.

"Do you still love me?"

"Roman.."

"I still love you"

"Don't... "

"What am I suppose to tell Lucy?" My eyes shot up.

"Whatever you want to Roman she's your daughter.." I shrugged and bit my lip to prevent more tears from laughing as I pretended not to care about the little girl who had stolen my heart like he did.

"Okay" was all he said as he slipped on his sunglasses and turned to leave.

I wanted to call him back, tell him everything but then there was Randy...

I couldn't do anything except watch the man I loved walk away.

A/N:

Only update for today as this chapter is well yeah :(