Chapter 4

''What are you doing down here?'' My dad looked up at me from the newspaper he was reading.

I was wearing a floral shorts jumpsuit with my hair straightened. I felt like dolling myself up today, maybe its because I felt a lot better.

'' I am not going to stay up in my room the entire day, I felt like I was on my death bed the entire week already. Where's Roman?''

My dad shook his head and stood up.

'' I'm just worried about you, you shouldn't be rushing your recovery. He left for the airport about an hour ago''

'' I know you are dad, but I am fine. I just want to eat some breakfast and take my dog for a walk, I am allowed to walk. So he left without saying goodbye..''

'' He didn't want to wake you, he said he would call you later. I think I will join you''

I rolled my eyes and placed muesli into a bowl.

'' Dad, I don't need a babysitter please...I just need to get out of this house for a bit'' I could see the concern in his eyes and I felt bad.

I sat at the island , '' Fine I'll call a friend to join me..''

He raised his eyebrow at me, '' Fine I'll call now''

I had no idea who I was going to call as everyone was in LA . Dave was still in New York I knew that Roman would be upset, but I decided to call him anyway. I would let Roman know I was with him then he wouldn't be mad, hopefully.

I still couldn't believe he left without saying goodbye.

I finished my muesli and then called.

'' Hey big guy, you're still in New York right?''

'' Hey Mi, yes I am. I stopped by your parents house in the week but you were sleeping, anyway you want me to stop by?''

'' Yeah cause...''

I heard the doorbell ring , ''Hold on for a sec''

I opened the door and saw Dave standing in front of me in a shorts and a white vest.

'' How did you?'' I ended the call and he stood there smiling at me.

'' I was on my way to you when you called.'' He kissed me on my cheek and hugged me carefully, '' So am I allowed in?''

'' Nope, wait here!'' I ran inside, greeted my dad and went to get Viper.

'' Where are we going?'' he looked confused as we walked down the driveway.

'' For a walk, my dad insisted I bring a friend along for my own safety'' I rolled my eyes as we walked down the street.

'' So I'm your bodyguard once again?'' he smirked.

'' It would appear so...'' I smiled back at him.

●●●

'' I'm supposed to be the injured one!'' I breathed out, while Dave was struggling to catch his breath. We had taken a race back to my house and we were almost there when he couldn't handle it anymore.

'' Yeah well I have never liked running, you know that'' he stood up straight and gulped down water.

'' Yeah that's why I ended up running alone'' I rolled my eyes and began walking again.

'' Hey, don't make me sound like I was a bad boyfriend. I did pick you up afterwards, didn't I?''

He chuckled and I joined in, '' Yeah you did Animal'' we reached my house and I was walking up the driveway.