Chapter 43

TLC

ROMAN POV

"You okay man?" I heard Dean as he walked into the locker room

"What kind of a question is that?" I snapped as I refreshed my messages even though I knew she didn't have a phone.

"Hey you might be able to snap at everyone else but don't try that shit with me!"

I sighed and looked up at him as he took a seat opposite me.

It has been about two weeks since Mia ended things.

2 weeks of absolute torture.

I thought these couple of months with her being so distant had been hard for me but it was no comparison to being without her...

I didn't have her waiting for me in New York.. I even went there a couple of days after as I was hoping to talk to her again but when I got there, there was no sign of her.

The dishes we had used for our ruined dinner laid in the sink, my jacket I had forgotten when I rushed out was still set on the counter when I dropped it due to hearing her crying.

It was all the same.

The one difference was her closet, some of her clothes were missing not enough to last her for long but still they were missing as well as her favourite gym bag.

It was the one she had bought to support my merchandise which confused me as to why she took it as it would be a reminder of me.

"She hasn't called?" I shook my head.

Our gang knew she was gone, they had asked and at the time I didn't have enough energy to think of some amazing lie.

I didn't tell them why though, even though she had cheated I didn't want them to think any less of her either way.

The less everyone knew the better although when I told Nikki I could sense she knew something more.

She made sure she was never alone with me either, she knew something and I wish I knew what.

I hadn't even bothered telling her family, they wouldn't notice ,it was too little time they only saw her once or twice a month when she was out injured although she was meant to be returning tonight I could just say she wasn't ready.

I was already feuding with them on screen the last thing I needed was them breathing down my neck. I had enough on my mind.

"She just needs sometime, we all sensed she wasn't herself ya know? I think after the accident she changed a bit.. Not in a bad way or anything but she could still be traumatized by the ordeal and needs a vacay on her own"

I nodded even though I wasn't really listening, nobody knew what I had dealt with all these months, the uncertainty, the hurt , the guilt... thinking I had let her down.