Chapter 27

"So you're leaving me all alone while you'll be spending time with your little family?" Nikki asked as I had just come down after a shower.

"Oh don't give me that face! You're driving out to meet John!" She smiled .

"You have a point there! What time is Jenna dropping Lucy off?"

"Well..." I heard the doorbell and stood up.

"I guess now "

I opened the door and Lucy immediately wrapped her arms around me.

I was so happy to be spending the day with her and Roman, it was just what I needed. I ignored the pain in my ribs as she held me tightly.

"Aunty Mi!" She squealed.

I laughed and hugged her back that's when I noticed Seth holding crutches and the knee brace .

"What happened to you?" I asked as Lucy ran into the house to find Nikki.

"Landed incorrectly on Thursday during a live event.. Rookie fucking mistake" he sighed.

"Oh my word! Do you wanna come in?" I asked, I couldn't believe it happened to him.

He was the face of the company, every man wanted to be him right now and here he stood in front of me like that.

"No its fine Mi...I had to call a car service since I can't drive so they're waiting" he pointed behind him.

"Where's Jenna?" I asked as I remembered Roman had said that she would drop Lucy off.

"She had to work so here I am" he smiled.

"I'm so sorry about your injury. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then!" I leaned against the door wishing he would take the offer to come inside but he didn't.

I could tell he was hurting in more ways than one and probably had to put on a brave face for Lucy all morning.

I stepped forward and hugged him, he returned it as best he could.

"Yeah don't be late though!" He said as he turned away from me.

"I won't" I smiled as I closed the door after watching him get into the SUV.

"Roman just called ...his flight got delayed" Nikki told me as I entered the kitchen and I saw Lucy playing a game on the phone.

"seriously?" I sighed and she nodded.

"He said you guys should go though, he'll meet you there as soon as he can"

"He thinks he'll make it?" I asked as I sat down next to Lucy.

"Yeah he'll be a few hours late but he said he would and you know with his concern over your incident. He definitely won't."

"Okay then Lucy, its going to be a girls day while we wait for your dad to get home" I smiled.

"Yay! Now we can go visit the Princesses without daddy getting tired" she smiled.

I laughed as I recalled how Roman would roll his eyes each time we were dragged from one princess to the next..

"Come on, we might as well get going now Luc, so we can get in line for some good rides. When last have you been there?" I asked as I fixed the straps of her backpack so I could carry it for her.