Chapter 38

I felt the sun shining in and I realized I hadn't slept at all, Roman got in at 3 and I did my best to act like I was asleep.

His arm was holding me tightly and I wanted to move it as images of Aaron's hands over me appeared but just as I tried to shift I heard Roman clear his throat behind me.

"Where did you disappear to last night?" I heard him whisper.

"I wasn't feeling well" I croaked out and I could feel the lump in my throat rising.

"You could have told me, I would've left with you" he whispered slowly as if choosing his words.

"I couldn't find you, so I took a cab.." I whispered again.

"Is there a reason why you haven't turned to face me?"

I realized he was probably on edge because of me lying to him about who Aaron was.

I couldn't help but feel some sort of resentment towards the man I loved for letting me go with Aaron which was silly but I couldn't shake it off.

"I'll be right back"

I whispered and went into the bathroom immediately and sunk against the door as soon as I entered.

I locked the door and grabbed one of the towels off of the railing and stuffed my face into it as my tears fell and I sobbed into it.

All I could see every time I closed my eyes were those cold blue eyes staring into mine his words repeated, wondering where Roman was, but it was all my fault how could he have saved me if he didn't even know.

It could have been much worse if Randy hadn't somehow pitched up I guess but now I didn't know what the consequences of our actions would be.

Aaron wouldn't just let Randy walk like that, my heart raced at the thought of him hurting Randy.

Randy hurt because of me, I would have preferred facing the actions of what would have happened if he didn't show as Aaron had warned me .

"Mia?"

I heard a knock on the door and immediately jumped up from my spot and as I did I saw myself in the mirror and my eyes were bloodshot .

"You've been in there for an hour, are you okay?"

"Yeah.." was all I could say and then washed my face.

"Mia you locked the door?"

I realized that I was acting weird as I would have no reason to do that, I didn't know how I was going to do this, but I had to I knew Aaron he wouldn't hesitate to hurt Roman or anyone else and it killed me.

I didn't even want to think of how many 'more' friends he made while he was away , he knew about the party when I didn't even know, he must've followed me there I realized he knew where I was staying and I was glad it was our last night.

"Mia?" I washed my face again and then brought the towel to it.

"You have to be okay you have to it's the only way..."

I whispered to myself in the mirror as I put on some base, there was nothing I could do about my eyes but that was explainable.

I put some bronzer on the bruise to blend in with my tanned skin and then opened the door as Roman stood in the doorway in his boxer and I realized he must've wanted to shower.

"I'm sorry I took so..."

"Were you crying?" he asked as he looked me over and I just wanted to move past him.