Chapter 22

"So all that's left is me, you and Brie" I sighed as we had just left the hospital where both John and Nikki were being checked out due to their injuries.

With Nikki and her neck injury, John and his shoulder as well as Randy's neck; our friends seemed to be prone to injuries all of a sudden.

Brie would now be travelling with us, we would still be using John's bus including Dean and Renee it wasn't just us.
"I am convinced that John and Nikki do some voodoo shit so they can both get vacay at the same time!" Roman teased as we walked to the small café .

Brie had said she wanted to stay a bit longer at the hospital so we would meet her at the arena so we decided to go for lunch.
"Roman!"

"I'm serious, its way too convenient for them to always be injured together" he shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm glad your feud with Bray is over. I know it probably wasn't easy with him having brought me and Lucy into the storyline I don't know why my dad approved it.."

His finger traced on the back of my hand as he held it.
"I asked him to.. I knew that would get me even more aggressive in the ring and I didn't want special treatment just cause I'm banging his daughter.."

I gasped, "Oh so that's all I am a good bang?"

"Who said anything about good" he chuckled and looked down at me briefly and I punched his arm.

"Just kidding baby girl"

"I'm serious though Roman.. I hate that I wasn't here to support you with the whole Brock Lesnar thing and Seth cashing in. I don't know what my dad was thinking ripping your..."

He stopped and stood in front of me.

"Mia, I asked your dad to do that.."

I raised my eyebrow as I didn't get why he would let a title opportunity slip through his fingers.

"You were all the way in New York in a hospital. If I had to become champion I would have to be on every show, every appearance. I wouldn't have been able to see you .. check up on you. That meant much more to me than a title Mi.." he kissed my cheek.

"Now stop with this, you're here with me now and we are going to get those fucking titles and rule the WWE" he winked back at me as we entered the café.

"So are you planning on finishing?" I asked as I dug into my Caesar salad.

"Finishing what?" he looked up at me as he cut into his steak.
"What we started last night.."

"I'm pretty sure we finished last night as well as this morning before.."

"Ro...." He looked at me with an amused expression and drank some water.

He gripped my free hand, "I know what you are talking about Mi, but we just found out two of our friends will be out of action for months and I don't wanna dampen an already shitty atmosphere.

"I know but I just want to get this out of the way and move on from it. I hate that you are holding in all of this and every time one of them shows up you show a little but I want to know everything now. Everything so that you don't get annoyed if we see them and act like a dick!"
"A dick?" he smirked and stared at me.

"Yes a dick! Whenever we bump into Joe or Dave you just give a reluctant nod and either walk away or get your phone out. Only with them.."

"What am I suppose to speak to them about Mi? How while I was dreaming of kissing you, touching you, loving you.. they had it all. Or how when they had you, they let you slip out of their fingers just because of fucking distance? What the hell is that about? I hate that you broke up over something so stupid because if it weren't for that stupid reason you would most likely still be with one of them and where would I be?"
I didn't know how to answer his question as he had shocked me by his outburst.

"See.. you realize it as well"
"Roman I am with you now so I don't get why..."
"They didn't hurt you..They have never hurt you the way I have hurt you, the way Paul has hurt you or the way Randy has. You broke up over fucking distance, that's all" he shrugged and I immediately realized why he was so threatened by them.

He figured I was always happy with them but he was wrong.
"Roman, just because that's the reason we broke up doesn't.. wait you never told me how you figured out Dave and I had been seeing each other, did John tell you?"

"No, Dean overheard shit which was fucking good otherwise.." he shook his head.

"Otherwise? Roman please.."

"The last time I saw you before that night when Dave left... it was our first Raw together in two months and I was so happy to see you and I was going to tell you .. tell you how I felt. But what I didn't know was you were taken, luckily that lunatic saved me.."

"You should've just tod me.." I shook my head and finished off my salad.

"And humiliate myself?" he laughed a bit.
"No if you had told me then I would have broken up with Dave and been with you. Then I would've never felt like shit when he quit without telling me and basically.."
"That's what he.. Mia if you thought telling me that reason now that would help in me liking him then..."

"Its in the past Roman ,all of it. We can keep going back and forth forever about what could have happened differently but does it really matter? I mean here we are together and as long as this is like this then it was all worth it"

I smiled shyly and he nodded and leaned over to kiss m gently.

"You can go to the wedding Mia" he sighed .
"You mean we?" he raised an eyebrow. "He invited both of us, Nikki and John as well. "

"Fine..we.. The things we do for the people we love !" he sighed and I kicked his knees, he groaned.

●●●

I ran down the ramp as Roman's hand was raised and immediately jumped into his arms and kissed him.

"You did it!" he was number 1 contender for the title to face Seth.
While I did not like the fact that my family and I were feuding on screen, it was fun.

"One step closer baby girl" he pulled me into a kiss again.

He had two successful nights and it made me so happy.

Next chapter update is Halloween :)