Chapter 37

"Happy birthday sweetie!" My heart stopped as I heard his voice and saw him next to my sister.

I felt Roman tense , "Oh come on I know I told you I might not be able to see you on your birthday but you don't have to seem that surprised! Hi I'm Aaron, you must be Stephanie, Paul , Shane and Linda and well I've met the fiancé...and you're Randy?"

"Actually Randall to you" Randy eyed him up and down.

"And you are?"

Paul eyed him as well as he asked and I felt Romans fingers dig into my sides and I didn't want to look at him as clearly since Paul didn't know him he wasn't the family friend like I had said.

"I'm Aaron an old friend of Mia's I'm surprised she hasn't told you about me, but then again we haven't seen each other for years she probably forgot about me until I showed up"

He downed his champagne and I knew he was pissed that I had run away from him multiple times these past couple days.

I knew I should've said something but I couldn't as I still couldn't believe he was there. This was a surprise party so I didn't get how he could have known.

Paul looked at me and I smiled nodding my head in agreement.

"Well then nice to meet you" they smiled and I just wanted to wake up from the horrible dream as he wanted to worm himself into my life and he was succeeding.

"So since we never really heard about you how did you and Mia meet?" Roman asked and I looked up at him as he stared at Aaron I knew he was upset and I saw Aaron smile brightly.

"Well we shared mutual interests.."

I cringed at the thought of him going into detail but I knew that he wouldn't.

"and we were pretty close until awhile back when I had to relocate and we lost touch but I missed my dear friend so much I just had to find her!"

"Sorry I need a refill, excuse me" Randy walked away.

Roman's arm left me , Aaron hooked me in.

" Since its been awhile would you mind if I stole your fiancé away ?"

"No I don't..." I began but was cut off by Roman.

"Sure..." Roman agreed and I felt my heart sink I knew he was mad but he was letting me go with this man, that I'm not even sure how he found out about this thing.

As I turned to face him he had a slight smile but I knew it was only for show and he kissed my cheek before letting me go.

"Please smile birthday girl.. don't want to upset anyone"

He had forced me to dance with him and I could see Roman looking at us as my family spoke to him.

"Look at me Luna" he whispered and I stared into his cold eyes.

"You don't look so happy to see me.." he smirked.

"Well you showing up here doesn't really make me.." I blurted out and stopped myself but it was too late and he glared at me.

"You think because you're here with your people you can fucken be smart with me"

I immediately shook my head and looked over for Roman but he was no longer there.

"I don't think I have proven the power I have over you fully " he smiled and gripped my upper arm tightly and I winced but I had to act like I was fine as my guests couldn't know.

He led me away from the crowd and further into the darkness.

"Where are you takin.." he stopped and pulled my face to him.