Chapter 34

ROMAN POV

I walked into the room after briefly speaking to Randy, I definitely didn’t like the way he was all cosy with Mia but I chose to ignore it as I didn’t wanna ruin her day by bringing it up.

As I entered I saw her scrunching up a paper and throwing what seemed to be flowers in the bin in the corner.

“Woah, whats going on? Whose that from?” I blurted out and she jumped as she heard my voice which was weird.

Although I had noticed her doing it a lot lately.

“It doesn’t matter” she smiled and I didn’t believe her. I then lift the flowers up and read the card.

Enjoy your day sweetie
– Love, Aaron

I sighed I hated that guy, I knew something was up. The way Mia spoke of him was as if she was hiding something from me and I noticed how she became distant around the time I met him. I had seen so many shit online and pictures of them together and they looked intimate. I didn’t know what to do I was waiting for her to tell me.

“So you don’t want anyone to see the flowers he got you?” I threw it back in the bin as the thought crossed my mind that she didn’t want anyone to see her lover sending her stuff, why else would a man pitch up on a vacation.

The thought broke my heart but the signs were there and God knows she has been turning me down a lot as well and it never happened. I knew I had to come to terms with the fact that the woman I loved might not feel the same about me anymore.

“No, its just ...leave it okay?”

I looked at the roses and then at her and then nodded. I didn’t want to discuss it further as I was afraid she would decide then and there to tell me but I wasn’t ready to let her go .

I left the room as I needed a drink which wasn’t my normal way to handle things but I wanted to get my mind at ease, but I felt her grip my hand.

“Lets go explore!” she smiled as best she could and I really wasn’t in the mood.

“Now?” I hadn't meant for my tone to be as harsh as it was but before I had a chance to apologize, she spoke.

“Yes” she pleaded and I just couldn’t say no to this woman and I agreed and followed.

●●●

“Are you ready for this big match with Sheamus soon?” I heard her almost whisper and I realized she was treading lightly as she assumed I was upset which I was.

“Not really, but luckily I have more time. I need to log more hours in the gym” I gripped her hand in mine, she held onto my arm with her other hand and leaned her head on my shoulder as we strolled.

The little things she did let me know she still felt something but for the most part she was like a stranger.

“I know you will do great, You aren’t my Samoan warrior for nothing”

I felt her kiss my shoulder. I stopped and turned to face her as I needed to kiss her, but then I saw him in the corner of my eye and her eyes followed to where my eyes were staring.

His eyes were focused on her.

I didn’t get how he always seemed to appear where we were which made me wonder if she hadn’t been so eager to explore just so that she would be able to see him and pretend to bump into him.

I tried fighting back the thoughts as I really couldn't bare it.

“I’ll be right back” she smiled and walked over to him, leaving me there.

The fact that she didn’t even seem surprised confirmed my thoughts.

Her back was turned to me and I saw him reach for her hand and she flinched but after a while she left it. He moved closer telling her something with a smirk and he briefly looked over at me, knowing I was watching and kissed her cheek.

There was something off about him from the first moment I met him and the fact that he had the audacity to do that seemed weird as well. I realized I saw enough and whether it was her birthday or not I wasn’t going to have her publicly parade with him while I stood there like an idiot.

“Roman!!!” I heard her voice and I stopped as I was surprised as I had just begun walking away.

She reached me and now had her sunglasses on, she seemed as if she wanted to say something but decided against it.

“We can head back soon. I just remembered I saw something yesterday at that store” her voice was shaky but I couldn’t tell for what reason but she must've ran over here.

I nodded and followed as we walked, I noticed that Aaron had completely disappeared.

I didn’t understand what was happening. I wanted to confront her but not here while we were with everyone who had come down to have a break with us.

She stopped at the store and crouched down while picking something up and when she turned she had a little stuffed monkey.

“I saw it and thought of Lucy she would love it, don’t you think?” she smiled and it warmed my heart that she randomly thought of her but it hurt as I realized what would happen with my daughter who has grown so attached to her if I confronted her about what was clearly going on.

“Yes she would” I nodded and I saw her face fall. I hadn’t meant to not seem happy.

She slowly moved the monkey up to her face and began moving it around and spoke in a little baby voice, “Why Roman mad at Mia?”

I didn’t want to but a chuckle escaped my mouth at how random she was being, that is why I loved her.

Before I could respond she turned to pay for it and then walked over to me again.

“Why do you do this to me?” I whispered almost to myself but she glanced up and raised her eyebrow.

“Make me fall more in love with you” she stared at me briefly as if processing what I was saying. She gave me a smile I hadn’t seen before like it was filled with hidden meaning or sadness.

She then looked down at the monkey again and moved towards me, “You say it like it’s a bad thing Roman..” she said carefully and took off her sunglasses and looked the other way.

I noticed her cheeks were becoming flushed and I immediately regretted saying it .

I reached down to her waist and held her tightly, “Its not…”

I whispered and smiled as best I could even though I knew it partially was.

“Lets head back to the house I don’t think I feel much like exploring anymore” she pushed against my chest and I let her go as I walked beside her.

Even though I felt the sudden feeling that she didn’t want to indulge in PDA in fear that her lover might see us .

I didn’t know how to feel or if she was aware of the awkwardness there was between us now. I didn’t know what to do to fix it either as all I had was the image of her with him.

◆◆◆◆

So how did you like getting a look into Roman's head????

I know it was a bit sad, I'm sorry!!

Can't wait to see your feedback <3

THANK YOU FOR OVER 1K READS!!!!