Chapter 21

Dedicated to @KALEAREIGNS and @kenreid for their frequent votes and comments :)

Thank you to everyone else as well hope you like the long chapter :)

◆◆◆

" Sorry you lost baby girl!"

Roman pulled me into a hug as I got to our locker.

"Its fine , I will get my title back soon enough..." I smiled and he held my cheek gently.

"I trust that you will Mi... You need to get done cause my match is after John's" he sighed. I nodded and headed to the bathroom to have a quick shower.

"So can we talk about the invitation because the last thing I want is you distracted when you're meant to be kicking some ass!"

I sat next to Roman on the couch as I heard the arena fill with John's music due to his entrance.

I had on a black jeans and Roman's merch tee but diva style and my hair in a high ponytail.

"Well if you mean by talk, you'll explain then yeah."

"I didn't see him, it came in the mail. Look like I told you before, Joe and Sofia are extremely happy together and this proves that. Ever since we broke up he has never been a threat to you and I know deep down you never thought he was. You just hated that he changed me but he changed me for the better. I mean my dad loved that for those few months I wasn't partying and shit. But here I am now and I am me so it wasn't permanent. I went through a phase of thinking I could be with someone and become someone else but that doesn't work out. I think I know why him and Dave are the ones you have never hung out with or wont even try to have a conversation with..."

"Because they had you and I didn't, as simple as that"

I was caught off guard as that wasn't my reason and he noticed.
"I loved you then Mia and they were the two guys you were with before me..." he shrugged.

"And unlike when you were with Randy, when you were with them we hardly spent anytime together for the rest of that year. You would either be doing house shows in LA and doing promoting there since that's where he would be occasionally. With Dave we would be on different city tour dates because you were with him and for some weird reason Dave was always in a different city for live shows than The Shield. I felt like they took you away from me Mi.."

He stood up and slipped on his vest as Alberto Del Rio's music filled the arena and I realized that John lost. I guess it wasn't a good night for our gang, as Nikki and I lost as well.

"Come on, we need to get going" he reached out his hand and I took it and stood up. I knew I had to avoid that conversation for now as my attempt to not distract him did the opposite and made him take a trip down memory lane.

We walked in silence up the never ending stairs and down the hallways until we were behind the curtain.

The fans which were situated backstage so that they could get front row seats, basically to seeing Roman before he went out, were blasting.