Chapter 16

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door.

I immediately ran and opened it, through my blurred vision I saw Nikki standing in front of me with two cups. She walked in, straight to the kitchen.

"Its already 2pm and you look like you just woke up.."

I rubbed my eyes and sat at the counter.

"That's because I did. I took some sleeping tablets and I guess I took too much" I shrugged.

"Here you go, your fave..skinny latte" she passed it to me as she sat opposite me.

I took it and set it aside while continuing to stare at it.

"Mia, whats going on?"she placed her hand over mine.

"What do you mean?" I glanced up at her and saw the concern all over her face.

"You weren't on Raw. You were scheduled to face Brie.. you weren't at the taping for Smackdown yesterday either. I had to cover for you with your sister, you just got back and you're..."

"So you came here to give me a lecture?" I rolled my eyes as even though I had slept I felt like shit.

I hadn't felt like seeing anyone ever since I woke up to an empty bed with Roman gone to Tampa.

I felt my world crashing as my memories haunted me and I just isolated myself and it was hard to get out of it once I started.

Besides, it wasn't that hard just switching my phone off as I knew no one would be able to physically check on me due to all of them being on the road.

"No. I came here to check on my best friend because she went M.I.A and her fiancé called me to ask why she wasn't on Raw cause he cant reach her. That's why I am here"

I sighed."I lost my phone somewhere in the house and the bat is probably drained. I think there is something up with the landline"

I shrugged and then got up to head to my room.

"You are such a bad liar Mi... but I'll let it go because the last thing I want to do is fight with you."

I heard her follow behind.

I wanted to be alone but even though I knew Nikki sensed it, she would definitely not do what I wanted.

"What did Roman say when you last spoke to him?" She sat down on the bed next to me.

"I guess you'll have to call him to find that out" she smiled and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Come on, get a shower so we can head out. You have been stuck in here all week babe!"

I wanted to protest but I knew better than to argue with Nikki.

●●●

"Doesn't it feel good to smell the fresh air?" Nikki nudged me as we walked in Central Park, both of us wore tights with her wearing John's merch tee and me wearing Roman's.

"Hey it took a lot of energy for me to get out here, don't push it"

She sighed and stepped in front of me, "Okay so I think I have waited long enough Mi. Its been weeks since ... I just want to know what happened?"

She stroked my arm and I could see she felt guilty for asking, I gripped her arm and led her to the grass so we could sit.

"Well you are the first person to actually ask me and I was beginning to be happy that no one did, but its you... I was getting ready to leave everything, take the easy way out I guess. I gave Roman the ring and left him on the beach. I was going to catch a plane to Paris and frankly I wasn't going to come back"