Chapter 54

"So uhm don't be mad but I was thinking.. I'm off this week ahead so we could fly out and have a little time away from everything.."

I heard Roman whisper as I had dozed off a bit.

After the news of us expecting twins , Roman had to fly out again but it was now Saturday and he was off so Shane left me in the hands of my fiance.

"Roman the last time..." I whispered as the images of Aaron briefly flashed in my mind.

"I know baby girl I just.. I think we need a break from this place to be alone. We both know ever since you have come out of your coma, we have seen each other here and there. Not enough and most of that time was spent with me thinking you were cheating on me and you dealing with this shit on your own. I just want some time for us. Just a week.. Me and you.." He whispered into my ear.

I turned my head to look up at him .

"I'm just.. I'm scared Roman..I'm just scared what if he shows up and we're there and he can find us and" he frowned as I rambled on thinking of all the possibilities.

"Mia please... Don't worry about him okay? I am ready for him if he decides to show his face.. but I just want some Joemi time "

I nodded as I knew he was right we hadn't gotten some proper time together in awhile and with everything that had happened we needed a few days just to get lost with each other.

"Where's your necklace?" He raised his eyebrow.

"My neck..." I felt my neck and then I remembered.

"Aaron.." I whispered.

"He took your necklace" Roman's voice was low.

"No I.. I forgot it. I mean I didn't... I usually take it off when I shower and a lot happened that day when I left him and.. I'm so sorry. That necklace meant so much to me and I forgot it" his eyes softened and he hugged me.

"Its okay baby girl, I'll you get you a other one. Don't upset yourself its not good for the babies" he kissed my forehead.

"I wish it wasn't like this you know?" I sighed as I pictured everything happening differently.

I guess I was your typical girl in that respect. I wanted us to be married wait a year or two get settled in marriage and then consider kids and that moment when you find out and call your parents and everyone is excited but I couldn't have that now...

"Like what Mi?"

"I can't tell my friends I'm pregnant because we're afraid Aaron might try to harm me and I hate it. I hate that I have this dark past that he has the ability to hold over my head and I hate that I have dragged everyone I love into it and I hate that I have had to lie to everyone after all they have done for me..."

I had tried holding my frustrations as he had enough on his mind with the thought of Aaron returning soon but I had no one else to vent to..

He sighed, "look Mia, I get it and I know it fucking sucks because I have been one of those who has been lied to but its best that they don't know okay? Where as I am your fiance. We are a unit whatever happens in my life concerns you and vice versa! We said no secrets for a reason... I don't care if you were a serial killer or a porn star back in the day.."

I burst out laughing, "you always have one thing on your mind don't you Tarzan?" I bit my lip to stop my laughter.

"Well its good cause it put two babies inside the woman I love.." I shook my head and kissed him and he rolled on top of me.

His hands clutching his t-shirt I slipped on after he took it off for bed and slowly pulled away, "get some rest we're flying tomorrow morning"

"So you booked a flight without knowing if I would agree?"