Chapter 40

"You're so beautiful..." I heard Roman's voice as I woke up and found him staring at me.

I smiled genuinely for the first time as my dreams hadn't been haunted by Aaron's face that night. And having Roman hover over me returning it made it better.

I wasn't concerned about the repercussions of my birthday weekend that would be later. I knew I wouldn't see Aaron for awhile or so I hoped at least.

"Morning..." I whispered.

"Morning baby girl... " he leant down and gently kissed me.

"I'm sorry I was a bit rough last night I hadn't even realized I had done it"

I frowned as I was confused as to what he meant.

"These..." he pointed to the marks on my thighs as well as the fading one on my arm.

"Oh..." I didn't know to respond as it wasn't him but if I told him that he would ask questions.

Questions I couldn't answer although I wanted to..

"I clawed your back so we're even.." I smiled and gave him a peck on his lips which made him feel better.

"You do it every time I have become immune to the pain"

He whispered against my lips.

" Oh now how am I suppose to find out Superman's other kryptonite?" I raised my eyebrow as I tugged on his chin.

"Oh its pretty easy to spot although you wouldn't be able to use it..." I felt his fingers trailing up my sides.

"And why would I not be able to do that?"

"Because its you.. and well you can't very well use yourself against me can you?"

He smirked, "or well there are certain ways you could use yourself against me"

I rolled me eyes at what he was implying.

"So I'm your weakness?"

"And strength... my everything baby girl.. you should know that by now"

He leant down against and kissed me gently and deeply . I felt his hands gently clutch my waist as he was possibly afraid to hurt me again.

I broke the kiss and he raised his eyebrow.

"There's something I need to tell you Ro..." I whispered .

"What is it?" He gazed down at me waiting.

I didn't know how to say it but I hated lying to him and Randy now knew and Roman, the man I loved with everything in me, not knowing hurt more than anything.

As I hated all the guilt he felt over the past few months when he had done nothing wrong...

"Mi... what's wrong?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Well its about..."

"Daddy!!!!!" Lucy's voice cut me off as her voice echoed down the hallway.

He looked back and then looked at me again.
"Tell me Mia..." he pressed while I was slowly losing my courage.

"Its..."

"Daddy I can't find Joemi !!!" I heard Lucy again as she was in the guestroom a couple doors down from ours.

Joemi was what she named her monkey after she couldn't decide and saw my necklace.

"You need to go.. " I whispered, "its nothing important" I shrugged as I realized how stupid it was of me to want to tell him.