Chapter 14

I walked into the bar and saw Aaron sitting at the bar sipping a beer. I looked around and realized the bar was basically empty which scared me even more, I eventually reached him and sat down and he turned to face me.

“Are you trying to fucking mess with me?”

I shook my head and looked down.

He gripped the wrist which he hurt the previous night and I immediately looked up at him, “take that look off your face and smile! Unless you want people to get suspicious !”

I smiled brightly, “ Good! Now why the fuck are you late?”

I glanced at the clock and realized I was 10min late.

“I…” I couldn’t think fast enough and I could see him getting impatient.

“Where’s my money cause you are fucking pissing me off!”

“I don’t.. I don’t have it I didn’t have time..” he glared at me.

“Let me fucking guess you were fucking that fucker that’s why you forgot about everything huh?”

I shook my head and he gripped my wrist and stood up, pulling me along.

“I didn’t wanna do this you know but you went and fucking provoked me” He shoved me into the bathroom and I fell to the floor.

“Aaron please, I'm sorry we can..”

“Its too fucking late!” he locked the door and kicked me hard in my stomach and I screamed.

“Shut up ! This is your own fault so you will fucken take it!” I tried to get up and he kicked me again.

“I warned you last night but no…”

He clutched my chin and slapped me twice “I should’ve done this a long time ago knock some sense into that brain of yours!”

I felt the tears flowing down my cheeks.

“Please…” I whispered and he pushed me to the floor again.

“I bet you wish your fiancé was here now, but he's not! I better have 30k in my account by tomorrow or I’ll come back for that man of yours!” he chuckled and left the bathroom.

I immediately locked the door again as he left. I fell down against the door and pulled my knees to my chest as the tears kept falling.

2006

So whats the latest?” I turned to Aaron as he questioned.

“Well nothing..” I giggled as I snorted my third line of cocaine and leaned back.

I could feel my head getting cloudy and I loved the feeling. The feeling of escaping.

“You know Luna..” I felt his gaze on me, “ now that I think about it you never did thank me for everything I have done for you..”

“What?” I turned to face him as I was caught off guard. I knew he had his occasional fits but he hadn’t gotten his dose for the day and I hadn’t provoked him either.

“You heard me. I took you in here when you had no place to go and all this time not one fucking thank you! You use most of our shit, and not a thank you!”

I jumped as he raised his voice and then got up.

“Thank you! Jeez chill!”

I wanted to walk over to the couch when I felt a sharp pain as my hair was being pulled back.

“Its too late for that , what do you say while the other guys are out you thank me properly” he whispered into my ear and I immediately pushed out of his grasp.

“What the hell? no!” He chuckled and then punched me to the ground and the room immediately began spinning.

“You pitch up here endlessly complaining about that fucking mother of yours but yet each night you go back. But guess what now that she’s gone you have no fucking where to go and you need to start pulling some weight around her!”

I tried to get up as my hands found the couch.“Oh you aren’t going anywhere until I'm done with you Luna, you need to thank me bitch!”

I felt him kick into my ribs and I fell back down onto my back and he then crawled towards me.

I kicked him and tried to get away but he held tightly onto my leg.

“Let go of me please!” I heard him laughing and I knew I needed to get out.

I reached over for the vase and immediately smashed it on his head. I saw blood but I knew he wasn’t affected much but it gave me time.

I immediately ran I didn’t know where I was going to go but I definitely wasn’t going to return.

I heard my phone vibrating and realized that I had blacked out.

There were voice mails from Roman and Nikki.

Roman: Mia where are you? You said you’d be a little late, its fucking two hours later and you are not here. Just let me know where you are so I can pick you up…

Roman: Okay so I get this appointment is important but its supposed to be our off day. You know what, just meet me at the restaurant I’ll wait here while the others head off..

Nikki: Babe where are you? Look we’re heading to the beach and Romans waiting for you. The poor guy was abandoned during lunch with all of us annoying couples! Just kidding he survived but get here soon..

I got up and stared up at myself in the mirror and I looked like a wreck, my cheek had a cut thanks to Aaron's ring.

I washed my face and then lift up my dress to check and my entire tummy was bruised as well as my right arm.

I put on my cardigan and then tried to hide the cut on my cheek and headed out.

●●●

I saw Roman sitting on a bench outside the restaurant and I walked over to him.

“Hey I'm sorry I …” he stood up and walked over to the car.

“Its fine Mia, lets just head to the beach”

“Can we not go to the beach?”

“Why don’t you want to go to the beach?”

I shrugged and he sighed.

“Okay I’ll drop you off at the apartment”

“Aren't you staying with me?”

“No..” I looked up at him and he was staring at me blankly.

“Well then its fine I’ll just take a cab” I walked past him and he gripped my arm which made me jump.

He looked at me briefly observing me, “Don’t be childish Mia, I don’t feel like being at home tonight so I’ll head out and drop you off”

“Its fine I wouldn’t want you to waste more time on me” I walked away as fast as I could and got a cab.

I didn't mean to sound bitter towards him, but all I wanted was for him to be with me alone and hold me but how could he know that..