Chapter 33

I was walking in the little village for what seemed like hours, but I needed to clear my head.

Roman was meant to be my escape, the one I found comfort in but it appeared we were drifting apart and I didn’t know how to fix it as I couldn’t tell him anything.

“Well..Well..Well..” I jumped as I heard Aaron's voice and I looked up and saw him.

“And here I thought it would be hard tracking you down Luna!” he smiled and walked over towards me.

“I don’t…”

“You don’t get why I am here? Well funny story, I have been trying to reach you for days and you have been ignoring me and then I see one of your little friends posted that you landed here and I just knew I needed to get here!”

He reached for my hand and I tried to pull it away but he held it tightly.

“You know I don’t know what makes me more upset, the fact that I had to waste money finding you or the fact that you ignored me and I haven’t done anything to punish you” he smirked and moved closer.

“Please Aaron I…”

“Mia..” both of us jumped as I heard Roman’s voice behind me.

He immediately let go of my hand and smiled brightly at Roman and reached out his hand.

“Roman right? I'm Aaron remember?”

Roman shook his hand and nodded and glanced over at me briefly.

“Aaron was here on business, he does a lot of travelling “ I tried explaining and Roman nodded.

“Oh cool, sorry I’ll just head back I…”

“Roman…” both of them turned to face me but I ignored Aaron and stared at Roman.

“I was just about to head back as well”  I don’t know if I was just imagining but I thought I saw relief flood over Roman’s face but I wasn’t sure why.

Roman reached out for my hand and gripped it gently, “See you around Aaron” he nodded and I knew Aaron was pissed but I didn’t know this side of the place and I didn’t want to risk being left alone with him.

I leaned my head against Roman’s arm as we walked back and I felt a bit of happiness at the fact that Roman had followed me.
I knew it wouldn’t be the last I saw of Aaron but we were in a foreign place and I was pretty sure he wouldn’t try anything.

Roman stopped which caused me to stumble a bit as he stood in front of me and looked down at me.

“I'm sorry…” he whispered and I looked up at him confused.

“I shouldn’t have shouted at you like that, it kills me every time I see…”

“See what Roman?” he shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter, I'm just sorry..” he wrapped his arms around me waist and pulled me closer. Even though I hated that he didn't continue I couldn't handle arguing with him right now.

“You’re 24 tomorrow…” he whispered and I realized he was doing this because he didn’t want to be mad at me due to it being my birthday, regardless I was going to take full advantage while it lasted.

“I'm getting old hey?” I cringed and stared up at him and saw him smile genuinely for the first time in a while.

“I'm the one who turned 30 this year you know!”

I rolled my eyes and tugged his arm so we could continue walking.

I hated that I had missed such an important birthday and I had to remember to ask him what he did on it.