Broken

I thought he was my forever.

I thought WE were forever.

How could I be so blind?! I thought he truly loved me the way I loved him. I was blinded and didn't want to see that I was clearly wrong.

I thought he was my other half. But he proved me wrong. How could someone who looked so much like an angel have a heart as dark and cold as death?

It's all I could think about. The memory constantly replaying. The thought of it causes my vision to blur with waves of tears.

I was on my way to see jake. I was so in love with his smile, his stunning eyes, the way his chestnut hair sat perfectly to the right, his perfectly tanned skin along with it's soft touch. I fell hard for all this along with everything about him. His eyes, the way they looked into mine with such care. His arms that wrapped around me and made me feel like nothing would ever harm me. His lips, the way they connected with mine. Every time we touched I fell harder for him.

But now... The thought of him touching me made my skin crawl.

How could I have been so naïve?

I was hoping to spend some time with jake after a long day at work. The front door was open, as usual, I let myself in. I could hear Fining Nemo playing in the family room. I made me way to the room without making a sound. The smile I wore on my face quickly disappeared as I witnessed jakes arms wrapped around another.

They were sprawled out on the couch with their eyes glued to the screen. I remained frozen in the dark hallway. They had yet to notice me as I remained silent.

They laid out across the couch with no space between their bodies. Jake had his arms protectively rapped around the mystery girl I had been replaced by. Their legs were wrapped around each others.

The girl was pretty, no point in denying it. Her skin was perfectly tanned. The screen to the TV illuminated her face revealing her flawless skin and bright green eyes. Her face was canvassed by blonde hair with brown roots. Further taking in her appearance I found her hands which were intertwined with jakes. Which only broke me more.

The film had just started. I remained silent unable to find words. When Jake spoke along with the movie,

"I'll never let anything happen to you." The two looked into each others eyes and shared a small peck on the lips completely tearing me apart.

"J-Jake?" I stuttered as the tears streamed down my face. Both jake and the girl shot me a look, Jake's eyes widening.

"Shit! Sarah! I... I-" jake was at a loss for words as he sprang up from the couch.

I ran for the front door with tears blurring my vision. I could hear jake's voice calling my name attempting to stop me. I was half way to the door when I was brought to a stop when jakes large hands encased my wrist.

"Sarah please-"

"PLEASE WHAT?!" I shouted as I cut him off. Waiting for his answer.

"Please, it's not what it looks like!" His eyes were filled with fear. His hand had slid from my wrist down to my small hands.

"Really?! Because it looks like you're cheating on me!!" I spat in his face.

"I... I..." His eyes began to water. I ripped my hands from his grasp and continued to make my way out of the house.

"Sarah wait!" Jake called after me with a shaky voice. I turned, looking at his now pale face. He failed to speak. There was nothing but silence.

"Fuck off." I manage to choke out before leaving as I broke down in tears.

I was brought out of my thoughts when there was a knock at my door. I slowly crawled out from under my pink blankets. I stumbled down the stairs to the door and opened it. My breath was hitched in my throat as my eyes met the brown ones that use to make me feel warm inside but now brought me nothing but cold, dark, despair. Jake.

It had been a month since I had cut him out of my life. I was almost sure he was still seeing that blonde bitch I caught him with. Every now and then jake tried to reach me though. Acting as if I was oblivious to him sneaking around with the girl.

"What?" I mumbled, holding back tears.

"Can I come in?" He quietly asked. My moment of silence caused him to take a small step forward. I placed my hand to his chest bringing him to a stop.

"I don't think that's a very good idea." I told him as I found it impossible to meet his face.

"Sarah, please just-"

"No jake!" I shouted with a stern voice. Finally finding the strength for my eyes to meet his I witnessed a tear escape down his smooth cheek. He remained silent.

"I'm done with this. I'm done with the tears, the pain, the hate the heart break..." I lectured, "I'm done with you and I'm done with us!"

My last statement cause his lip to quiver.

"Sarah. Please no. I didn't mean to hurt you." He pleaded, reaching for my hands. "Please don't be done with me... Us. Please, Sarah, please just give me one more chance."

My breath was shaking holding back tears. When I found the power to speak.

"No."

He dipped his head. I felt his tears drop to my hands. I slowly removed my hands from his touch.

"Goodbye jake." I quietly spoke.

As jake began to walk away he spoke again,

"I'm sorry...."

I remained silent

"You have a new neighbor..."

Still silent, frozen in my spot, jake finally gave up.

"Good bye Sarah."

__________________________ A/N:

Ok so this is my first story! Please vote and comment don't worry niall is coming soon!