Chapter 10

***NIALLS POV***

I let go of Sarah's hand when we heard a knock at the door. I looked to the clock, it was 12. Sarah slowly got up. Her head turned to face me; we shared the same look of panic an fear. We stood there for a moment when there was another knock at the door. I brought her into a hug and whispered into her ear

"If he does anything, I'm just a phone call away."

She gave me a halfhearted smile before I made my way to the back door. As I made my way out I looked back to her once more as I saw the male she feared in the doorway. My fist clenched at the sight of him. I closed the door and made my way to my house, Sarah never leaving my sight.

***SARAHS POV***

I opened the door with shaking hands. I looked up from the floor. Josh was dressed in blue jeans, a black v-neck with a blazer on top. He wore a smile on his face. My expression was blank. I was so unsure of what to say or do, worried that if I made the wrong move everything would fall apart right then and there.

"You look stunning." Josh spoke with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Thanks." I said as quiet as I possibly could with him still hearing me. Josh took my hand in his as we walked over to his car. Like a gentleman, he opened my door for me, a gentleman was the last thing he was known as. He jogged over to his side of the car and started the engine. I refused to look at him, I looked out the window to find Niall watching from his room. His expression gave off nothing but worry. Our eyes remained locked until josh drive away.

The car ride was silent with the exception of the quiet radio. I continued to look out the window. It was drawn back into the car when the music was turned up.

"I like this song." Josh spoke.

A small smile went onto my face.

"I do too."

"So we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us!" We both sang to the song.

"Trust me. On my I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T shit hustler, Chasing dreams since I was fourteen with the four track bussing. Halfway cross that city with the backpack, fat cat, crushing Labels out here, Now they can't tell me nothing We give that to the people,

Spread it across the country Labels out here, Now they can't tell me nothing

We give it to the people, Spread it across the country." I sang as josh remained silent. Now it was his turn. He sang along to the song as I listened letting out a small giggle.

We continued to sing until we reached the restaurant. I stepped out of the car in awe. Josh draped his arm around my shoulder and brought me to the back of the restaurant. We walked past all the tables and outside. There was a single table set up with candles and flowers. It was beautiful. We stood for a moment and took in the view, our seats looked over a small lake with numerous lilly pads.

"It's beautiful." I said as I looked out to the water.

"Im glad you like it." I looked to josh he seemed pleased with my pleasure with the setting.

The time passed, filled with small talk. It was clear I was not comfortable around josh and he noticed.

"Sarah." Josh placed his hand on mine, "I know I had a reputation with girls, but I promise that's over." I looked into his eyes but remained silent. "Ever since we were younger I've liked you. Just having you here with me is incredible. Please will you give me a chance." With that I found myself doing something I never thought I would. I believed him. I flashed him a smile as I nodded my head. The smirk on his face grew even wider. We finished our meal and drove home.

***NIALLS POV***

I was worried about Sarah. What if he did something to her. The suspense of not knowing if she was okay or not killed me. I tried to think of something else but the same thought of worry kept returning to my mind.

I heard a car drive up my legs frantically carried me to my window. It was them. I watched as she came out of the car and as josh reached he side she gave him a kiss on the cheek. What was going on?! She told me he frightened her! Why was she showing him compassion?! I watched as she walked back into her house and josh into his. I quickly went over to the side of her house and climbed up the wall, as I had the previous day, and onto her balcony. Moments later Sarah walked out and let out a loud shriek.

"God Niall! You scared the shit out of me!"

I couldn't help but laugh. "How was it?"

"It was good."

The smirk on my face quickly went away. What did she mean good? Not even 4 hours ago she was terrified to even be in his presence!

"What do you mean good? He's josh it couldn't have been 'good'!" I snapped.

"He's not that bad."

"Sarah, he's trying to get your guard down!"

"No he's not. He would have done something by now if he was planning on it."

"Oh come in Sarah!" At this point I was yelling, "he's just gunna use you! Don't be an idiot!"

"I'm not Niall!" She was shouting just as loud as I was now.

"Open your eyes! If you stay with him all he's going to see you as is his little personal slut!" My heart stopped when I finished my sentence. All of the color in Sarah's face had drained. Her eyes began to water, as did mine. I can't believe I had just said that. What was I thinking? I hurt the one friend I had at this point.

"Get out." Sarah's voice had absolutely no emotion.

"Sarah I didn't-"

"Get out Niall!"

A tear fell down my cheek

"Now." She spoke through gritted teeth. Not wanting to anger her more I left.

When I reached my room I looked out the window. Sarah had headed for Josh's house. She was running from me to josh. It shouldn't be this way. It should be the other way around. I couldn't hold it in any longer I fell onto my bed and sobbed into my pillow. Hurting Sarah was the last thing I ever wanted to do. I had no one but her. We were both broken and I just made it worse for the two of us. Why did I say that? I knew it was true but she didn't see it. I just wanted to protect her from josh and now because of me she's running into his arms.