Chapter six

The rest of the day went on like a usual day. When the bell finally rang to release us I headed for the locker room.

I was on the soccer team. Practice had been canceled due to rain. And just my luck, I had no ride home. The rain was pouring down on me as I walked home. The roads were empty and dark from the lack of sunlight. Two headlights began to light up the street from behind me. The car drove up to me. I stopped dead in my tracks. The black window rolled down.

"Do you need a ride?" A familiar voice asked from inside the car. It was josh. He was another neighbor of mine. He lived across the street. We had known each other since we were little. As the years went on we grew apart. We occasionally talked when we saw one another while out side but never other than that. I hopped into the dry car out from the pounding, cold rain. The car ride was filled with laughs as we brought back old memories and laughed until our stomachs hurt. Josh pulled up in front of my house, as I reached for the handle josh caught my attention when he said

"Sarah... I've missed this.'"

I looked into his dark brown eyes,

"Me too."

The rain had stopped; josh got out of his car before I could. He jogged to my side and opened the door allowing me to get out.

He closed the door behind me. Before I could take a step to walk to my house josh had placed his arms on each side of my small figure. He looked into my eyes as I looked into his, not saying a word.

****NIALLS POV****

"And after all, you're my wonder wall." I quietly sang in my room as I played the melody on my guitar. My focus was taken from the music to my window when I heard car drive up near by. I pushed my curtain slightly to the side to see Sarah leaning against a large black car. She was trapped by a large male towering her with his arms on either side of her. I continued to observe their actions as the two began to slowly lean in closer. Their lips just an inch away from connecting. I wanted to look away but something kept my eyes locked on them. Suddenly they sprung apart as Sarah answered her phone. When she hung up the situation seemed to be awkward between them. Their previous actions wouldn't be completed and something inside of me told me that was a good thing. I didn't know the guy but I had a feeling he wasn't safe to be around especially for such a delicate figure like Sarah.

I watched as Sarah quickly walked into her house. It was then I realized my fist had been clenched in annoyance. The boy was still stood outside the house, leaning against the black vehicle. His gaze left Sarah's house and found me. He stared almost straight through me with a death like stare. I now recognized him. He lived across the street. His stare continued until I put it to an end by closing the curtain.

There was something about him. He struck me as someone who took advantage of fragile girls like Sarah. I had a feeling that kiss that had almost happened between him and Sarah wouldn't mean anything to him except a way to get into her pants. Although I had only been here for two days I had seen him take 3 girls in or out of his house. A red head leaving the morning I had moved in, a blonde coming in that night and a Burnett girl leaving this morning. Sarah was clueless to his man whore actions. He was clearly older than Sarah and I but I would do what I needed to keep him away from Sarah.

__________________________ A/N:

What do you think?!? Please comment!!!!!!!