Chapter 11

***SARAHS POV***

I can't believe Niall. He was suppose to be my friend! I opened up to him and told him about my broken past! He knows I don't trust easily with relationships! I would know if josh couldn't be trusted! How stupid does he think I am?!
The tears were streaming down my face as I ran over to Josh's house. He was the only one I could turn to. When the door opened I threw myself into Josh's arms as I continued to cry.

"What's wrong?!"

"It's, it's..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I wasn't sure if I wanted to bail out Niall he was still my friend. And josh could easily hurt him with just one punch.

"Tell me, baby." Josh spoke as he stroked my hair.

"It's personal. I just kinda need someone right now." I lied through the tears to protect Niall. As much as I wanted to tell josh, Niall didn't deserve hate from both josh and me. Niall hurt me, and he knew it, but that was none of josh's concern.
My tears gradually stopped as I felt the warmth of Josh's arms wrapped around me. Niall was wrong. Josh was no beast he was there for me when Niall made me fall apart. I know he had a bad reputation but he's changed. And I'm glad to be the first to be with the new josh. He was kinder, gentler, and a better man than he ever was before. How could Niall not see it?
Josh and I laid, just embracing each others warmth. Silence fell upon us when he spoke.

"Sarah?"
I looked up to him
"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." A grin grew on my face as I placed a small kiss on his cheek.

Josh was there for me when Niall wasn't. In fact, Niall was the reason I needed a shoulder to cry on. I wasn't sure if I actually had feelings for josh or if I said yes to forget my feelings for Niall. Yes, I admit it... After that night Niall had climbed onto my balcony I felt safe in his presence. He made my heart flutter. I thought my heart was beginning to mend but Niall went and broke me again.

~NEXT DAY~

I was walking home from school.

"Sarah!" I heard a familiar voice call out from behind. My walking became faster, which didn't keep Niall from coming to my side. He grabbed my hand to bring me to a stop.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted, yanking my hand from his grip.

***NIALLS POV***

"Don't touch me!" I was hurt that she was so discussed by my touch that had brought her comfort the previous day.

"Sarah, I didn't mean what I said."

"Yes you did!" Sarah had continued her way down the street.

"I wasn't calling you a slut! I was just trying to protect you from josh!"

"Niall stop!" She snapped, turning around to face me. Her face filled with anger, "you can't talk about josh like that!"

My blood boiled when she defended him. "And why is that?!"

"BECAUSE HE'S MY BOYFRIEND!" her words brought depression throughout my entire body. I couldn't speak. All I could do was watch Sarah storm away to her house as I remained in the street.
I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. Sarah was the most amazing person I had ever met all I wanted was her and all of her. I felt like the best thing in my life had been taken away. She hated me. All I wanted was her. I lost her. The girl I cared about more than anything was gone. My thoughts ran through my head over and over again. I've lost what I cared about most. That was it, I broke down in tears running into my house, locking myself away in my room.