Suga/Yoongi

I did not want to be here. I wanted to spend my day off from school and work curled up on my couch with a good book and music playing softly in the background. I wanted to drink hot chocolate and eat junk food without worrying about the judgement of others. I wanted to wear sweaters three sizes too big and that practically fall off my waist no matter how tightly I pulled the drawstring. I wanted nothing more than a proper lazy day, reading and eating and napping without a care in the world. My plans, however, were completely shattered by the appearance of Min-Ho and Ji-Ae, who banged on my front door for a half hour before I caved in and answered.

"What the fuck do you two want?!" I said angrily, on the verge of slamming the door in my best friends' faces. Ji-Ae gave me a grin that was far too bright for nine in the morning, and let go of Min-Ho's hand to grab onto my own.

"We were gonna with an old friend of Min-Ho's from high school."

"So why are you here?" She rolled her eyes dramatically and sighed just as theatrically.

"Because he's a guy and you've been single since forever." My stiff shoulder fell and I pulled my wrist away from her tight grip and stepped back to close the door, Min-Ho stopping it with his hand and a slightly apologetic smile.

"Not interested. Go away." I said, unable to close the door so ducking behind it for cover instead. I've known Ji-Ae since we were children, and met Min-Ho last year when I started university. The two a few months ago, and as a result I became the ever present third wheel. I appreciated the effort, and understood the reasoning behind it, but I was just not interested in dating.

"Come on, Y/N, you can't be single forever." Ji-Ae scolded, sauntering on into my apartment like she lived here, which to be fair was pretty much true until she moved in with Min-Ho.

"Why not? Why do I have to have a boyfriend? Why do I have to get married?"

"Because there will come a time when me and Min-Ho can't take care of you anymore." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Take care of me, huh? It's always the other way around. Not that I was about to remind her of that fact.

"I can take perfectly good care of myself, thank you very much."

"I didn't want to have to do this, Y/N, but you leave me with no choice." Ji-Ae sang teasingly, batting her eyes at me and giving me that sickeningly saccharine smile of hers. "When we were kids and you broke the neighbor's window I took the blame and you promised to fulfill any favors I would ever ask of you."

"I hate you." I groaned, before begrudgingly stomping off to my bedroom and getting changed out of my comfortable clothes into a pair of black skinnies and a Nirvana tee. Ji-Ae scowled at my choice of outfit however lost the argument that started once I began slipping on a pair of combat boots. Min-Ho stood quietly in the doorway the entire time, observing us with an amused glint in his eyes. I will never understand how he and Ji-Ae get along so well, seeing their polar opposite personalities. We were still bickering as we left my apartment building, my arms covered with a soft leather jacket that I had owned since junior high and finally fit into.

And that was how I ended up tailing the happy couple at a local park, pouting and muttering to myself like the angry teenaged daughter who was unwillingly dragged to the family outing. The sun was too bright for my tastes and the air was thick with the scent of dew and freshly . I ignored the meaningless chatter of my two friends by focusing on the sound of my thick rubber soles hitting the pavement with slightly satisfying, rhythmic thumps. It was a steady beat that no one ever paid much attention to, like the bass hidden beneath the guitars and drums, a sound you can only hear if you go looking for it. I smiled to myself at the thought of a music that only I could hear, keeping my eyes on the cement below me, sparkling ever so faintly in the sunlight.