V/Taehyung

"Y/N! Hurry up or they won't ask you back." Your mother murmurs, an impatient drawl cutting into her tone of voice. You sigh and attempt to tuck your shirt into your jeans; this would look more professional right?
The answer was clearly no because not a moment passed before your mother intrusively approached and yanked your shirt back into its previous untucked glory.
"Now. We're leaving; if you take any longer I won't drive you." She threatens, eyeing the clock. You grumble before following her out of the house.

The journey to the animal shelter is a relatively silent one, heavy and vast between you and your parent. In all honesty, it was down to the nervousness that swept through you; thoughts of concern for the creatures that lived within the establishment swept through you. Would the animals all be healthy? Were they being treated nicely? The other volunteers... would they be nice to you? Was it a nice environment?
"We're here." Your mother pulled up the the curb, quirking an eyebrow at your visible worry, "Why are you stressing? It'll be fine!" She offered a small smile before you stepped out of the car.
"Thanks, I'll see you later.." You push the door to a close and approach the cosy looking shelter. She quickly zooms away, and you roll your eyes.

The door slides open and a clean room beckons you onwards, your eyes rake over the colourful posters that are meant to inform potential owners of the duties of owning a pet. You smile softly at the childish phrasing and the bright diagrams.
"Oh, hello! Who might you be?" A voice startles you, and you quickly turn to the left. There's a boy standing there; with him being clad in jeans and a soft sweater, you feel rather overdressed. It's somewhat embarrassing how quickly you notice that he's rather attractive – you're not particularly ashamed though; appreciating beauty is not a crime. He smiles at you, a quirky flare in his eyes as he moves towards you.
"I'm Y/N... A new volunteer?" He shows no acknowledgement for a moment, and you fear that he'll turn you away.
"A new volunteer- oh! Yes, yes I remember." He pauses, lapsing into thought before suddenly breaking his concentration, "Right this way," he begins to lead you towards a room labelled 'STAFF ONLY' "I'll show you the ropes and stuff." He exclaims with glee, and you nod, smiling at his childlike mannerisms. You're definitely going to like volunteering here, the declaration crosses your mind for a split second before you're waltzed away from idle thoughts and into the world of animal care.

It had been a month or two since you'd started volunteering at the animal shelter. The boy – who you had quickly learned was called Taehyung – was there to guide you through the process of taking care of the animals and how to deal with visitors.
By now, you thought yourself somewhat skilled. Though, there was still an essence of being silly and childish; Taehyung always brought that to work with him. In all honesty, you didn't mind it at all – you'd found it awfully amusing when he'd got into some kind of 'prank war' with Jimin and Jungkook (two other volunteers) though, you'd tried your very best to keep out of it. In the end, you'd been forced to team up with him.

And that's why now you were both cooped up in a broom closet, waiting for your 'enemies' to get back from their lunch break.
"Do we really have to wait in here the whole time?" You grumble, struggling to see in the dim light.
Taehyung fixed you with a frown, as if he felt personally insulted that you didn't know why you were in here. "We don't know when they're going to appear, so we've got to stay alert."
"But surely we should be working-" he cut you off by carelessly covering your mouth with his hand.
"Shhhh... They might hear us!" He whisper-shouted, fingers firm against your lips, which were now set in a tight line as you glared at him.
Following this, there was a short space of silence. Dead silence. Taehyung had removed his hand from your face, and you were trying hard not to stare at him in this dim light.

To say that you hadn't developed some kind of feelings towards him would have involved you lying. Maybe it had been the way he'd occasionally talk to the puppies at the shelter, or how you'd once caught him trying to discreetly slip extra treats into their cages. Or maybe it was just the way he acted. The way he'd laugh. The way he'd smile. The way he'd carelessly drape an arm over or around someone without a second thought. The way he'd talk; in the fact that he would often speak his mind.
Maybe it was just because of his entire personality. You were hooked.

You were both too overcome by your thoughts to notice the quiet sounds of laughter from outside. Clearly, the others that were involved in this so called prank war, were wise to your attempts at a trick.
You may not have noticed their giggles, but you did notice the giant thunder-like clap of noise from outside.

It elicited such a shocked reaction from you, that you actually jolted forward.
Right into Taehyung.

Effectively winding him.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry- I'm... Are you okay? Winded? Oh my god.. We should get out of this cupboard – but can you move properly? I don't know how to deal with this I'm so sorry-"

Hours later, you were still apologising.

And Taehyung was definitely milking it.

"I'm so sorry!" You said for the umpteenth time, seemingly.

He splayed his fingers for dramatic effect as he swept his arms in a wild gesture. "No, Y/N. I can never forgive you..." He paused, lapsing into thought. "Unless..."

"I'll do anything." You assured, still honestly feeling guilty for hurting him.

"Go on a date with me?"