Jungkook

Remember the way you made me feel

How long had it been since he'd left to pursue his dreams? A month? Two? You've lost track by now. Of course, you couldn't help but accept the fact that he wanted to do things with his life while you were seemingly content with staring at a computer screen.

Pictures I'm living through for now

It just so happens that right at this moment, a picture of Jungkook flashes up on the screen, he's smiling sweetly. You can't help but wish you are there, smiling along with him.

Such a love

But no, you bitterly go back to scrolling through this website. You don't want to hurt him. You don't want to put an end to his dream. You don't want to dampen the flame of talent that flares within him.

But you miss him. You miss his warmth. You miss the security you'd feel when you were wrapped up under a blanket together. You miss the childish secrets you'd share under the stars.

Our life was cutting through so loud

But you'd disregarded your relationship.
"We're young." You'd said, strengthening your heavy denial over the whole thing. "It probably won't last." And yet. There was doubt.

Something in me knew that it was real

Clearly, you were misguided at the time. Because here you are now, trying to cease the tears that threaten to spill down your cheeks now that you've forced memories to surface in your tired mind.

Trying to remember all the good times

The memories feature everything. From that first gentle confession, to the last goodbye. From the moments where you'd feel like the only two people in the whole world to the moments where you were trying to navigate through scores of busybodies. From those tense moments to the soft ones that still hold that faint, sleepy glow of lilac.

By this point, you have to turn away from the computer. This torture is not doing you any good. And so, you end up facing the wall in an attempt to calm your unhappy thoughts.

It doesn't help though.

Hiding every cloud under a smile when there's cameras

It seems as if are so many pictures of you and Jungkook, while in reality maybe a dozen are actually pinned to your faded wall. Faces split open into grins and joyous expressions. It physically hurts. It hurts to see the rose tinted, sugar coated perfection of your relationship. It hurts to know that you've purposely blocked out all the sharp words exchanged towards the end. It hurts to know that those angry words were followed by warm apologies and sweet kisses.

I always wonder what you're up to

You want to know how he's feeling. Does he miss you too? Does he wish that you could rebuild the glittering tower your relationship had been? Does he even want to talk to you?

Hoping that you won't forget.