Preference #20

Preference: You go in for a kiss on the cheek, but miss and kiss them on their lips.

Jungkook: You would be sitting at a table, the overly bright, flickering lights of the stage and the roar of the audience rising up around you as the MC started to announce the nominees. Through the thin fabric of your dress, you could feel his hand on your knee, his fingers nervously tapping lightly against it. You reached under the table and gently placed your hand on top of his, feeling the wrinkles of his skin over tight knuckles. The winner was announced with a chorus of trumpets, applause, and confetti raining down like spring petals around you. You looked at him, pride light in your heart as he grinned shyly, but widely. Before he could go up on stage, you leaned into him to whisper your congratulations, your lips barely brushing the corner of his mouth before he turned to you. His lips ran against yours softly, the slightest intake of breath rolling over your tongue in surprise. You pulled away and he blinked at you, eyes wide and illuminated by the flashing silver lights from every side. Did the cameras see? You couldn't think. A wide grin broke out over his features, the beginning of a blush on his cheeks, before he quickly dived in to place a kiss on your quickly heated cheek before walking toward the stage to accept his award.

Taehyung: He had done something cute, that's all it was, but when you went to place a light kiss, he turned into you, lips sliding against yours. He gave a sight jump, pulling back in shock, eyes popping wide, lips still pursed as a low sound of surprise startled in his throat. You blinked at him, biting onto your bottom lip and tasting the metallic tinge of skin and the hint of the strawberry lip gloss. A laugh bubbled up from your stomach, mingling with your hot pink embarrassment and escaping from your lips in a loud ring. You squeezed your eyes shut as you laughed, bringing your hand up to cover your mouth. When you opened them, he was staring back at you, a lopsided smile curling onto his features as he raised his hand to ruffle his hair, the brown fringe moving via the hand curled under the knit of his shirt sleeve. The bubbly laughter slowly sounded from both of you in off-kilter beats, eyes squeezed together like walking into summer sunlight. "Let me try again," you breathe, a smile still on your face as you place a hand on his cheek to make sure he can't turn his head, placing a soft kiss on his flushed skin. His smile at you when you finally pull back.

Jimin: You twisted your hands together backstage, the constant movement of preparation and anticipation seeping into you, even though you were just a spectator. Jimin rushed by you, turning to grin at you, looking every definition of perfect with his hair styled just so and the way he bit his lip when he smiled. You reached out and grabbed onto his hand. "Good luck," you said, pulling him toward you just enough to place a kiss on his cheek—which was deeply intercepted by his lips as he turned his head to face you. The sounds of the roaring audience and the clangs and shouts of backstage muted for a moment, your lips sinking into his for a second too long before you pulled away, eyes wide with shock of what you had just done. You caught only the last second of the surprise on his face, mingled with mild confusion, before his lips quirked up into a grin, his head still so close to yours. "I didn't mean..." you started to say, your thoughts evaporating like water on hot coals as he grinned at you with that stupid, all-encompassing smile, his hand still firmly in yours. You pressed your lips together, barely releasing a whispered "Good luck" once more. He closed his white grin to lean in a press a chaste kiss on your cheek before turning to run onto the stage.

Namjoon: You sat on the sofa right up next to him, leaning into him slightly to read from the novel in his hands. You glanced at him, his eyes focused so intently on the page. In a moment of impulsiveness, you went to place a feather of a kiss on his cheek, but right as you did he turned to you. His eyes widened slightly, his mouth barely opening in shock. You blinked, unable to form a single coherent thought. Subtly, his mouth quirked up into a slight smirk, eyebrows raising just enough to make you horrifically embarrassed. You groaned and buried your face into his shoulder to hide your embarrassment and your uncontrollable giggle, hitting him lightly. It was all his fault anyway. "If you're in love with me, Y/N, you should just say so," he whispered teasingly over your head. You propped your chin on his shoulder, giving him a hard look, "You're the one who kissed me." He seemed to consider this for a second, the shy smirk still visible on his lips, "True. Maybe I should confess to you." You stared at him, the joke dissolving into the flat tension, like the silence when looking down before falling over the edge. His smile flatlined, his eyes were wide, seeming to be surprised by his own movements as he closed the small distance between you. With his lips working softly against yours, falling off the edge turned into flying.

Hoseok: You clapped as he finished his dance. "Was it good?" he asked, wiping sweat from his brow with the back of his sleeve. You walked over to him with a small smile, "Of course." Despite his smile, you could see the doubt on his face. You decided to press up on your toes, leaning in to kiss his cheek, but he turned toward you at the last second. Both hands flew to cover your mouth as if you could hold back in what your lips had just given. He stared at you in shock, the room feeling like a balloon getting ready to pop before his posture slouched and he smiled sheepishly, "Am I that bad of a kisser?" Dread filled you to the brim. You moved your hands up to cover your eyes, shaking your head, attempting to shake away the feeling blooming in your chest. You heard his slight giggle, the sudden presence of hands on top of yours, pulling your hands away from your brightly flushed face. He peered at you, his lips baring perfect grin, amusement playing on his features. He turned his head slightly to one side, his grip still around your wrists, mischief in the corner of his eye as the gleam of his sweat caught in the studio lights, "Care to try again?"

Yoongi: The two of you stood on the dorm's balcony, watching the other bandmembers chase one another with snowballs. You glanced at Yoongi, a large grin on his face as he watched his friends. "You're just a big softy," you said. His small smile instantly turned into a scowl. You laughed, leaning over to place a light kiss on his cheek, hopefully warranting an even bigger scowl. However, right as you leaned in, he turned to say something to you, causing you to fall into a deep kiss. As soon as your lips touched his, you ripped backwards. "I'm so sorry!" you blurted, not quite believing what you had just done, "I'm so so sorry. I just—then you—" He stared at you, features taught with surprise and mild curiosity. You felt your apologies die on your tongue, hot embarrassment slowly crawling up your neck. You brought a hand to cover one side of your warm face, your little sigh sounding like a whine as you accepted what you had just done. Suddenly, you felt fingers under your jaw, the pressure of a thumb in your uncovered cheek. "You're too cute," he tsk-ed, running his thumb over your cheek before pulling his hand away and looking back at the maknaes tossing snowballs at one another below. Now, a whole new warmth found its way to your cheeks in the brisk midwinter air.

Seokjin: "Let me do that," he said. You moved your hand so he couldn't steal your knife, "I got it! You're so bossy." He pouted slightly and turned back to the kitchen counter. He was too cute. You leaned over to press a kiss onto his cheek, right as he turned back to you to ask if he could cut the vegetables again. Your lips fell on his, before you pulled away in shock. His mouth open in a perfect 'o'. Panic rose to you face. You quickly turned back to the counter, a solid wall in your mind where new thoughts were supposed to form. You started chopping the okra furiously, pretending what had just happened, hadn't. The only sound was your knife hitting the cutting board, neither of you even daring to breathe. Out of the corner or your eye, you watched him slowly turn back to the counter, hands slowly moving to the food preparation in front of him. Daring, you snuck a fuller glance at him, only to see him biting on his smile, small roses just barely forming on his cheeks. The scene made a smile appear on your own lips, which you fought to suppress. The two of you worked in silence, not-so-hidden grins fluttering across both of your faces.