Jungkook

Your night had started off with a text. There wasn't anything obscure about that. 'I'm on my way over' It read. That was a normal message that you would receive on a Friday night after a long, tiresome day of university classes that had you only being able to see your best friend for 50 minutes during lunch time. So since you started university a year ago, your Friday nights consisted of you and Jungkook lazing around in your dorm, watching a movie and talking about each other's day.

But the moment he walked through your door, you could tell by the way he was acting that something was up. At first you thought it was just because of the cold weather, knowing he hated the cold, especially when it was snowy and icy outside. He had greeted you with a soft hello, a smile on his slightly blue lips as he shrugged his coat off and kicked his shoes to the side before coming to sit beside you on the sofa, reaching over to give you a quick hug before turning his attention to the programme you had on the television, muttering a comment on how cold it was outside . He soon settled in burrowing himself beneath the blankets and resting his head on your shoulder. You asked him if everything was all right, knowing Jungkook would only tell you his problems if you asked, but all you received back was an 'I'm fine', so you didn't question him any further. Maybe he was just having a bad day, you thought and let it slip from your mind for the time being.

If you were new friends, maybe the lingering touches on your thighs or hands beneath the covers would have gave it away. Maybe the shaky breaths that kept getting caught between his lips whenever you moved a little too much to have the skirt you were wearing raise a little would have gave it away. Maybe if you had paid closer attention you might have even been able to hear his heartbeat increase as you rested your head on his chest, or see the little droplets of sweat accumulate on his forehead beneath his messy hair. But you weren't new friends. You had known this boy since the both of you were in diapers, growing up on the same road in Busan, your parents being friends, so inevitably you and Jungkook became friends. He was the first friend you ever made, and honestly, the only friend you ever had until university forced you to expand your friendship group as Jungkook and you were apart more than you saw each other due to the differences in your . Because you had known him so long, you paid no attention to the shy touches and lingering glances that you felt as you focused on the small television in front of you.

But as the night went on, Jungkook's behaviour became stranger. He was being overly fidgety, unable to sit still in his place for even a couple of moments, his long fingers tapping on the arm of the sofa, pulling your attention away from the rerun of the show you were both watching. You sat up and turned your gaze to him, watching as he ran his tongue over his bottom lip before taking it between his teeth, his knitted together in concentration as he watched the show that lit up his soft skin with colours as the picture changed. It was his idea to watch this, but he didn't look as if he was enjoying it very much and he was beginning to worry you.

You leaned forward, reaching for the remote and the small red button that caused the screen to go black, darkness engulfing the room. 'Hey' Jungkook mumbled, reaching over to turn on the lamp that was beside him, illuminating your faces as he looked at you confused

'I was watching that' He stated, trying to reach for the remote, but you pulled your arm back before he could reach it, taking his hand in your own and holding it down against your thigh

'You really weren't' You replied, shifting yourself to face him properly, letting the remote fall behind you as you leaned your arm on the back of the sofa, your cheek resting against your palm as you stared at him, hoping that he would just talk

'What?' He asked, giving you another look of confusion as he ran his fingers through his hair. So he was going to pretend as if nothing was wrong?

You sighed 'What's wrong, Jungkook? You've been acting strange all night' You didn't want to press him to tell you, but he always told you when something was wrong, so it hurt you slightly that he didn't want to tell you this time.