Jimin

It wasn't supposed to be like this. Not at all, not in the slightest. You were only supposed to come back to this city after so many years on a personal errand, to hunt down someone in your inner circle who had betrayed you, Julius was his name. He had betrayed you and told an outsider your plans, so as the leader and the oldest of your coven, it was your responsibility to make sure that the traitor paid for his treachery with his life.

You weren't supposed to come back here and fall hopelessly in love. With a mortal nonetheless. Just thinking about that word-love- made your stomach turn in disgust and your spine crawl in antipathy. How weak it was of you. You were over one thousand years old, a pure monster that hunted in the shadows of the night, tracking down those who brought harm to your bloodline, feeding on innocent souls, enjoying the adrenaline rush that coursed through your veins as the life was sucked out of theirs. In your long, long lifetime, you thought you had accomplished the skill of not letting yourself have feelings for anyone, especially mere mortals, not letting yourself fall for their ridiculous and maudlin charms- they did not work on you, or they hadn't worked on you with any other human. So why was it so different with him?

You had met him in a coffee shop, even that screamed sappy overly romantic movie, but all you wanted was a coffee, something to bide your time with until your plan of action could be set in motion. You had been tracking your betrayer for a couple of days and knew his every move, and in a couple of moments, he would walk into this exact coffee shop, order himself a black Americano and walk out and today was the day you would follow him, lure him into a dark alleyway and make him pay for his betrayal. And you were that close, you had your eyes on him as he smiled at the barista, giving her a generous tip for her services, unaware that you were lurking at the back of the shop, waiting to follow him to his downfall. But you didn't get a chance. As you stood up, dropping your empty cup the bin closest to your table you were met with hot liquid seeping through your clothes as you spun on your heels. You gasped, pretending that the scorching liquid burned your skin, as any normal human would, though of course it did not burn, the that flowed through your veins would heal you as quickly as the coffee touched your skin. You were ready to end this mortal's sorry excuse for a life, but then you looked up as you heard his voice, such a sweet voice as apologises fell from his mouth over and over and his shaky hands reached to grab a handful of tissues from the dispenser, trying to wipe the coffee that now stained your white shirt. If it was any one else, you were sure that they would be dead in an alleyway somewhere by now, where the police would find them, strange wounds on their neck and the coroner would sign their death off as suicide, or . It always worked and no one would question how someone so young and glowing could die of a heart attack, but as you looked at his face, calmed and you found yourself telling the clumsy stranger that 'it was okay, nothing a good dry cleaning wouldn't sort out' and then he calmed down too, a shy smile spreading on his and a soft giggle leaving them. God, that giggle, it echoed through your body and sounded as dangerous to you as the blood that surged through your veins would be to him. That giggle, paired with that delicate smile and the soft crinkle of his eyes as they bored into yours had your head spinning and the world around you slowing down. You had to snap yourself back into reality and remember why you were in this coffee shop in the first place but as you pulled your eyes away from the boy's gaze to look around, you realised that the man who you were supposed to follow, was gone, no where to be seen. As the clumsy boy told you that he would gladly pay for your dry cleaning , you told him it was fine, and that you had somewhere to be, pushing past his frame to see if you could track down your betrayer, leaving the boy confused in the coffee shop.

You lost track of Julius and you assumed that he had seen you in the coffee shop that day, but you had information that told he was still in this town and had just moved away from his to a much more secure area. It didn't bother you, you would find him and make him pay. There was something you loved more than the kill- and that was the fear that seeped through the victims veins when they knew you were around, dancing in the shadows, never to know when you would jump out and make them realise their fear was rational. So you began taking your time with this kill and you had a lot of time, so you spent your days enjoying the city, appreciating the changes that had come of this beautiful place since you last were here 15 years ago. But as you stepped into a library, you felt your cold heart skip a beat as your eyes landed on someone. You chuckled to yourself. You weren't one to believe in fate, having lived for so long but seeing that boy from the coffee shop again had you questioning everything. As if he felt your presence, he looked up from the book he had in his hands and towards the entrance, his soft eyes landing straight on you and that same shy smile appearing on his lips moments later. The boy raised one hand, waving at you and you found yourself smiling back and waving at him. Why did he have such a hold on you? Why was he making you act in a way you hadn't acted since you were a mortal, like him. You never took any interest in boys or girls, unless you were hungry, but you weren't hungry for him- not like that, you couldn't even bring yourself to think about how his blood would taste as it trickled down your throat. It made you feel sick. God, what was happening to you? You pulled your gaze away from the boy and moved to the back of the library, trying to find yourself a good book to bide your time.