Kim Najmoon/Rap Monster

"Namjoon" I hesitantly called out to him through a pixelated screen, but he didn't respond immediately.

His eyes were staring down at his desk. He was once again occupied, once again, scribbling away at a sheet of paper and his attention was off somewhere.

"He's busy again" I thought, gazing away from the screen with a sigh, "Like always..." Turning back to the screen, I was growing fed up.

"Namjoon!" I called out once more, a lot more firm.

After a few more seconds, Namjoon finally seemed to realize that I existed.

"Huh?" he responded. He lifted his gaze finally in my direction, raising his eyebrows in confusion. He then chuckled and gave a slight, apologetic smile.

"Ah sorry jagi! Let me finish writing these few lines and we can talk tonight. I swear."

"You said that last night," I responded with a pout, "I need to talk to you now." My eyes slowly drifted away from the screen leading to a glossy, scarlet heart-shaped picture frame encasing a photo of the two of us. Along the frame's border were letters spelling out the word "Always." It should've said "Always, as long as I'm not working".

"It's important," I said, turning the picture frame in the other direction. Looking back at the screen, I had a hardened expression.

"Oh, chinja?" Namjoon crunched up his eyebrows together with a concerned look, actually looking at me. "Okay...just give me like 2 more seconds and then-"

I sighed. "Namjoon we need to break up."

Namjoon winced as soon as he heard the phrase "break up" leave my lips. For the first time, he looked up, and this time it wasn't just a passing glance. His hand froze what it was writing and he leaned closer.

"Wait, what?" Namjoon said with a darkened expression.

"Namjoon, I honestly don't think this relationship just is going to work," I said, already feeling my voice get thick with emotion. I shook my head and looked at him. "Ever since debut, you've been busier than ever and I rarely get to see you."

"I'm an idol, jagi," he reasoned, "You knew that before we-"

I'm actually quite jealous of your make up artists," I admitted, "They get to see you more than me..."

"But I'm here now," he said, getting defensive.

"Are you?" I questioned, "Because your mind is lost in whatever you're writing on that paper. I understand you're busy Namjoon, but even when you're not busy, you choose work over me."

He shook his head, setting aside the paper, "That's not true."

I looked down and sighed. "Namjoon...the last day off you had you spent it locked in your room writing lyrics...and now, it's almost 1:30 in the morning and you're still writing..."

"Jagi, please," he tried, "We can make this work I swear."

"Namjoon let's be realistic here," I said back, "Our lifestyles are completely different. You're always traveling while I spend everyday of my agonizingly mundane life away from the one person I love. It hurts that we'll never get to go on dates like we used to and honestly Namjoon, since when has a relationship between an idol and non-idol ever worked?"

"Y/n..."

"Namjoon..." I sighed, "There's nothing much for you to say. It's over between-"

"Y/n, why don't you just come and travel with me? I'll give you the money. Just please stay with me."

"I can't," I said back, "Namjoon I can't just leave everything here and go with you. You know it's not that simple."

"What's so difficult about it?" he challenged.

"Everything," I said firmly, "Namjoon, I have my parents here to think about...and what about my school? The semester is just starting...and my job?" I shook my head, "I just can't-"

"Why are you so eager to end things?!" he suddenly snapped, "After all we've been through?"

I shook my head, "Namjoon-"

"Why can't you try?"

"I AM trying, I just-"

"Don't you still have feelings? Don't you love-"

"Of course I do-"

"Then why can't you let me fix this?!"

"Because you CAN'T fix this, Namjoon!" I felt my breath go ragged as I screamed into the screen, "You just can't! Everything you touch breaks!"

For a while, I just stared at the screen.Namjoon had a stern expression plastered across his face, silence filling the air. He leaned back in his seat, briefly laughing before he gave me a smirk.

"Usually when people say that, they're joking," he said, looking down with a pitiful chuckle. His smirk was gone, however, when he looked up and cocked his head to the side, the irritation and attitude in his voice. "But I guess you're not joking because no one here is laughing. Tell me y/n, what was I to you then? Was I just a joke?" He looked straight and hard at the camera at me anticipating for my response.

I didn't answer. I couldn't. Tears were beginning to well up in the corners of my eyes. I tried my best to stop them from falling, but to no avail.

"Namjoon, look-"

"I thought you said you understood?" he snapped at me, "I thought you said you supported me and my passion?"

I shook my head, "I do, Namjoon. But I feel like I'm just dragging you down. I'm sorry...I just can't keep up with you...I can't keep up with your lifestyle. It's just too hard..."

"So you just give up?" he said with a nod. "Because it's easy for you...It's so easy for you to just leave me."

"Namjoon-"

"No, y/n, I get it," he said, his eyes glassy and anger in his voice, "Thousands of fans across the world can love and support me, but you can't." He shook his head, "All because it's too HARD."

"Namjoon, please," I said, voice thick from tears, "I tried...I tried to keep up, but I can't anymore..." I shook my head, "I'm sorry."

He scoffed at that, "The hell you are."

And suddenly the screen went black, the words 'call ended' blinking back at me.