Chapter 13 :)

Ross' POV

Back at home, I started packing all my clothes. I've made a decision and I'm going. There are honestly many things that I will regret, but... This is my dream... And, it's finally coming true.

"Hey bro," Riker says coming into my room.

"Hey," I said to him.

"So, you're really going huh?" He said sitting down on my bed.

I sigh, "I guess I am..."

"You sure you can handle 4 months on your own?" He asked.

"Well, I won't be on my own right? I mean, my co-stars would be there." I was starting to get scared myself.

"Aren't you gonna miss your co-stars here?... Aren't you gonna miss... Laura?"

What Riker said made me freeze and think twice. Will I miss Laura? Of course I am... Four months away from my best friend, might just be something I can't handle...

"I already talked to her about it, and... She's cool with it..." I said.

My phone suddenly started to ring, "Hold on, I gotta take this."

"Sure, I'll be downstairs. Call me if you need me," Riker said as he walked out and closed the door.

I looked at the caller ID.

Maia.

I forgot she was coming over today! Shoot!

•CONVO•

{Ross} Hello?

{Maia} Hey Ross!

{Ross} Oh hey Maia! Um, listen-

{Maia} I'm really sorry Ross but I won't be able to come over today! My flight just keeps on switching up and down and now they said that it's gonna be this afternoon...

{Ross} Oh... But, guess what! I just got a chance to do my own movie too!

{Maia} Really?! No way! Where and when?

{Ross} It's called-

Before I could say anything, I heard her mother on the back of the phone line, "Maia! Let's go! You're gonna miss your flight!" She said.

{Maia} Sorry Ross! I really gotta go! I'll talk to you when I get there! Bye!

{Ross} Bye... I guess.

•END OF CONVO•

Wow. My first phone call with Maia and that really didn't go as planned.

Laura's POV

I sat at home on my bed. Thoughts just going through my mind.

Ross will be leaving for 4 months.

Austin & Ally won't be on until he gets back.

He'll be in Puerto Rico alone with no one from his family.

Where am I suppose to go?

What am I suppose to do?

Ugh! These thoughts in my head! Why can't they just get out and go away!

My thoughts were suddenly disturbed by my phone going off.

Vanessa.

•CONVO•

Laura: Vanessa?

Vanessa: Hey Laura... You ok? Rydel told me everything.

Laura: I guess...

Vanessa: Look Laura, I'm really sorry, but Switched At Birth might be running late and I might not be home till midnight...

Laura: Midnight?!

I looked at the time and saw it was 5 in the afternoon. I have to wait 7 hours for Vanessa?

Laura: But, what am I suppose to do until then?

Vanessa: Um... You could go out for a while! There's some money in the first drawer in the cabinet of my room in case you wanna get anything.

I sighed.

Laura: I guess I could go out for a while.

Vanessa: Just stay safe, ok?

Laura: Ok... Bye Nessa.

Vanessa: Bye!

•END OF CONVO•

Ugh. I don't even wanna go out. But, what am I even suppose to do till Vanessa comes back from Switched At Birth?

Oh well, might as well go shopping.

I grabbed my purse, and simply wore some shorts and a top. Before I could leave, I took the money from Vanessa's drawer and walked out of the house.

-

On my way to the mall, there was this old lady sitting on the edge of the street.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you ok? D-Do you feel cold?" I asked as I walked up to her.

"Oh, no dear, I'm fine..." She said as she shivered.

"Are you sure? Do you have anywhere to go?" I asked.

"I-I use to have a house... But then my husband moved away," she replied.

"He-He did? If you don't mind me asking... What happened?" I sat next to her.

"Oh, he got a little job offer to move to Puerto Rico... He said he'd be back in a couple of months, but it's been a year, and... Nothing."

Her words right there.

Puerto Rico.

Moving for a couple of months.

"Have to tried calling?" I suggested in a low voice.

"I called... No answer," she said.

"Is there anything I could do?" I asked.

"That's ok sweetie... I'll just find a warm place to stay for the night."

I felt guilty. I wish I could invite her in to our house, but I know Vanessa would get mad at me.

"You could try going over to the subway stations... It's pretty warm down there," I suggested.

"Thank you, dear," she got up and started to walk.

"Oh wait!" I yelled after her, "Please, take this," I said as I gave her the money from Vanessa's room in the palms of her hand.

"I couldn't take this," she said.

"Please. I want you to. And, maybe you can use it to get a ride to some place safe?" I said, giving it back.

Her eyes lightened up, "That is in deed very generous of you :) Thank you," she said once again.

I smiled back and watched as she walked away.

I walked back home, since I couldn't really go shopping anymore, but it was money well spent.

As I walked home, I kept thinking about what the lady told me.

Her husband moved to Puerto Rico.

Ross is moving to Puerto Rico.

Her husband said he'd come back after a couple of months.

Ross said he'd be back after 4 months.

Her husband never came back and it's been a year.

What if Ross doesn't come back?

Her husband left for a job offer.

Ross is leaving for a movie offer.

I can't stand this...