Chapter 20 :)

Ross' POV

"I-I can't believe you're here! You're the female lead?!" I said in shock.

"Yeah! And I'm guessing you're the male lead!" She said.

"Wait, you didn't know? They didn't say anything about 'Ross Lynch' being your co-star?" I joked.

"Well, they said they wanted it to be a surprise... And you're the surprise!"

We both laughed and hugged. I invited her in and we sat outside on the terrace with some coffee to talk.

"So, this was the movie you were talking about that you said you were leaving for?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said, "I think it's gonna be really cool that we're doing this movie together! It won't be hard knowing it's gonna be with some boy who I don't trust. Cause I definitely trust you!"

"Same here." I smiled.

"You know... If I'm gonna be filming a movie here for 4 months, far away from my family... I'm glad it's with you," Maia said as she put her hand on top of mine.

That made me think... "Far Away From My Family." Those words just made me think of everything.

Mom.

Dad.

Riker.

Rydel.

Rocky.

Ryland

Ratliff.

Raini.

Calum.

Vanessa.

........

Laura....

Part of me regrets doing this movie if I'm gonna miss them all so much.

~A FEW WEEKS LATER, IN CALIFORNIA~

Laura's POV

"Laura! Your mail's here!" Vanessa yelled.

"Oh yay!"

I walked over to the mail, and it was basically fans. They're so sweet! Some mail say, feel better and all because of Ross leaving to film a movie. You know, the 'Raura' fans and all. I don't mind them shipping us. I think it's really sweet!

I guess I just got over Ross for a while...

"So, who's it from?" Vanessa asked

"A bunch of sweet fans!" I said.

She looked though my mail, and picked up a letter.

"Hey, this one has big words, spelling, 'RAURA'" she laughed.

I laughed as well, "Let me see that one."

I opened it up and read it.

Dear Laura,

I know you and Ross aren't together and all but I hope you're ok with the show being on hiatus for a while since Ross has to leave for Teen Beach Movie.

Have you heard of his co-star, Maia Mitchell? That should've been you! You could do so much better!

They've been going to a lot of red carpets in a while, and I saw them walking around the sidewalk myself and got a picture with them!

Here, look!

-------------------------

| Picture of a fan, |

| Ross and Maia. |

-------------------------

As soon as I saw the picture, my eyes opened wide. And so did Vanessa's.

"Th-Th-Th-That's not the Maia we saw at the mall... Is it?" I mumbled.

"I-I hope not..." She replied.

Then suddenly, we heard the TV speak.

"Mackenzie, was having the best summer ever!"

~The rest of the promo goes on~

"Starring Austin & Ally's Ross Lynch, and introducing, Maia Mitchell!"

"WHAT?!" Both Vanessa and I yelled, jumping out of the couch.

"IT'S HER! IT'S THE MAIA FROM THE MALL!" Vanessa shouted again.

My eyes were tearing up, looking back and forth at Vanessa and the TV.

"Laura?... Are you ok?" She asked curiously.

I looked back at the TV and her, one more time and ran up to my room.

Everything suddenly came back.

Ross and Maia at the mall.

Pictures in the photo booth.

My nightmares...

Riker comforting me, saying it won't come true.

But now what?! I see that the things in my dream are happening?! The Maia in my dream is the Maia we met at the mall!

And now that I know that Maia is the girl with Ross... I honestly don't feel so well as I did before.