Chapter 72 :)

There's a little plot twist here guys😝

-

~The Next Morning~

Rydel's POV

We all started walking around, looking for food the next morning. "Hey, look at those berries!" I said, once I spotted some.

"Don't be too sure," Laura laughed. "Those are poisonous."

I picked up the berry and twisted it around between my fingers. "How?" I asked.

"You see the dark purple spots on the top? They say that if you eat them, you could lose your memory."

"Seriously?"

"Yep! Read it online," Laura giggled.

"Smarty," Ross teased, pushing her lightly.

"Hey!" Laura was about to push back, but missed and fell into Ross' arms. Aren't they adorable?!😜

"You guys are just the cutest! So happy you're back together!" I smiled.

"Yep. Woohoo. Now let's continue looking for food," Riker said with no happiness at all.

What's up with him?

"Laura, Ross. You coming?" I added. They let go of each other and laughed, "Yep!"

Riker's POV

I wasn't exactly happy about Ross and Laura dating. I'm happy for them, don't get me wrong. But I just kinda missed the Laura that would always come to me, not Ross.

-A few hours later-

We got back to the cave once we found some berries that aren't poisonous. But then, we suddenly felt a strong wind blow through our faces. It was starting to blow us away and throw sand all over us.

"Guys, what's going on?!" Rydel yelled.

Laura was looking up high in the sky smiling. But who could be smiling at a time like this? ...Well, that is until I looked up myself.

"It's a helicopter!" Ross shouted.

Laura's smile grew bigger as she said, "Yeah... A helicopter, with my sister in it."

The helicopter landed in front of us after a few minutes. And out came Vanessa, Rocky, and Ratliff.

"Vanessa!" Laura ran into her arms. "Hey little sis," Vanessa said in tears, holding her tightly.

From the moment, everyone was filled with hugs.

"Hey Rik :)" Vanessa's eyes finally met mine.

I smiled, "I really missed you Nessa :)"

"So did I," she smiled as well. I kissed her passionately and hugged her tightly. "How did you guys find us?" I asked.

"Simple!" Ell said. "We wanted to call you guys and ask how you were doing but then you wouldn't answer your phones. So then we tried calling the hotel and they said you all haven't been back for a week and they asked Maia if she's seen you guys and she said no. Then, Vanessa got worried and she called the US Army, the FBI and basically everyone she knew to look for you. Once they said they found you through satellite views, Vanessa wanted to fly the helicopter herself and pick you guys up, so, here we are!"

I smiled at her, "You really did that to find us?"

"Yeah! I mean, obviously! My boyfriend, sister and my two brothers and sistahs from another mother were trapped here. How could I not?😂"

"You're the best Vanessa :)"

"Anything for you :) But Ross, I have to ask you something."

Ross walked forward, letting go of Laura, "Yeah?"

"Why is it that when we called the hotel, they asked MAIA if they've seen you guys. And when we left Puerto Rico to fly back to California, Maia was gone. Why is it that she's back? Something you wanna tell me? Something you did to my sister?" Vanessa kept stepping forward each question she asked. And Ross kept stepping back.

"Well umm..." Ross couldn't say a word.

"Ross Shor Lynch. If you don't tell me what you did, I am leaving you here, and I am not putting you in that helicopter. Now speak up, and tell me what Maia was doing in your room."

"Vanessa... It's just that... I-"

Laura stood forward, "Vanessa, nothing was his fault. It's fine... Don't worry about it."

"Fine. Ross, you're safe for now. But I'm asking you more questions once we get back home."

His face looked shock, "Wait... Home?"

"Yeah, home. Back in California. Aren't you done filming that movie of yours?"

"Well... No-Not yet..."

"Ross, why can't you just leave the movie? After what Maia did, you really just wanna go back there and face her?" Laura said.

"No Laura... It's just that-I just wanna finish the movie. And she's only against you, not me..."

"Ross if you go back there, I know she'll take you back, and I know you're gonna fall under her spell again! You can't go back there, and I'm not letting you!"

"Laura, I have to finish this movie!"

"Oh, so you choose Maia over me? Fine then." Laura angrily pushed aside everyone and went into the helicopter. "Vanessa, I wanna go home," she yelled. "Ross can stay here and wait for Maia to come get him."

Vanessa breathed in, "So this is what you did?" She said, facing my brother. "I can't believe you Ross."