Chapter 40 :)

-I know this chapter is a little silly, considering what Ross just did last chapter, but, let's just pretend😜 Plus, it's a pretty sad chapter and something unexpected😏😏😏-

-

~Back in the hotel room, a few hours later~

Riker's POV

"Nice job standing up to your director bro!" I high-fived him.

"Eh, I had too😜 Oh, and why didn't Rocky, Ryland and Mom and Dad come with you to Puerto Rico?😜" he asked.

Rydel and I looked at each other immediately.

"OH NO."

We ran towards our backpacks and pulled out our phones.

-----------
7:21 PM
-----------
•27 miss calls from Rocky Lynch
•32 miss calls from Ryland Lynch
•36 miss calls from Mom.
•45 miss calls from Dad.
--------------------------------------
➡Slide to unlock
--------------------------------------

"Rydel! We're dead!" I yelled.

"I know! I got 54 miss calls from Dad!"

"I got 36 from Mom!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... Guys, what's going on?" Ross asked us.

"Wellllll... Nobody exactly knew Rydel & I came here... Just Rocky and Ry."

"YOU RAN AWAY FROM HOME AND FLEW ALL THE WAY HERE?!"

"We had to Ross," Delly sighed and sat next to him, "We needed to talk to you..."

"So, you guys flew here alone with Laura and Vanessa?"

"Actually, no. Laura and I flew separately. And they didn't even know we were coming. Rocky and Ry know though," Vanessa joined.

"Well, you guys are lucky that your parents are in New York and you live alone😕 Cause we're dead."

I heard my phone all of a sudden and rushed over to it.

Rocky Lynch.

I put it on Loud Speaker once I answered it.

-CONVO-

Rocky: RIKER.

Riker: Rocky!

Rocky: Riker, where are you guys?! We can't cover for you any longer!

Riker: We're still in Puerto Rico! Do mom and dad know?

Rocky: They know, and they're angry...

Riker: Alright... We're coming, just hold on.

Rocky: Hold on?! Hold on how long?!

Riker: Dont worry! We'll be there soon!

-END OF CONVO-

~

Riker: Ross, we need to head back home.

Ross: All of us? Right now?

Riker: Yup... You did quit anyway, right?😕

Ross: Y-Yeah... I did. It's just that... When I quit, I wasn't exactly thinking. This was my first movie offer guys... I blew it😔

Vanessa: S-So, you're gonna stay? Right after you just quit and stood up to your director?

Ross: I don't know...

~

Suddenly, we heard the door open and close shut and Laura was right away out of sight.

Vanessa: Did Laura just-

Riker: I think so...

Ross: I'll go talk to her...

Ross' POV

I ran towards the direction of where Laura went and chased after her.

Did what I really say hurt her?

I hope not...

I mean, I know, I know... I just quit and all, but I wasn't thinking. Of course, I still wanna be with my family and all, but, this was my first ever movie, and I didn't just wanna leave it😕

-

I walked towards the direction of the pool, of where there was a fountain, and yellowish lights on trees and bushes around it.

"Laura?..." I said, as I saw her sitting on the fountain and sat next to her.

She looked at me right away, "Why, Ross?" She immediately said, "Why?"

I held her hand tightly and spoke to her, "Laura... Please don't be mad. This was my first movie offer and I really don't wanna lose it."

Tears were strolling down her eyes, "What ever happened to family? I thought family was more important than a movie..."

"I-It is... But, don't you want me to be happy?"

"Of course I want you to be happy Ross, I just don't think you'll be happy here with a person who tried to kill me, and a bossy director."

I kissed the top of her head, and wrapped my arms around her, "It's just until the movie's over and I'll be back... I promise."

"I can't live 2 more months without you Ross." She looked up at me.

"I can't live 2 more months without you either..."

"I'll miss you." She said.

"I'll miss you too..."

-

~The Next Morning~

Ross' POV

I rode along with Riker, Rydel, Vanessa and Laura in the limo, which was driving towards the airport.

The ride was quiet.

Laura was reading a book.

Rydel was listening to music.

Riker was on his phone, and Vanessa was leaning on his shoulder, watching him play a game.

Laura didn't even bother to look up and talk to me.

I tried to talk, but all she would do is continue reading her book.

-

Once, we reached the airport, we got out the limo and took their luggage out from the back trunk.

While walking inside, nobody said a word.

Riker and Vanessa bought the tickets and stuff, and Laura and Rydel sat on the chairs, waiting.

Delly was sitting between me and Laura.

"Ready to go?" Riker walked up to us, holding tickets in his hand.

They both nodded and stood up.

"You ok?" Rydel asked Laura and she just nodded again.

They all walked towards the doors that lead to their airplane.

Before they walked in, we said our good byes. But as we called them, 'See-You-Laters.'

~

Riker: Good luck, bro. See ya in 2 months.

I nodded, "See ya later Riker..." I said and arm hugged him.

I walked up to Vanessa, who I'll definitely miss.

Vanessa: Promise me you'll be safe?

Ross: Yeah (: Dont worry...

I hugged her tightly, and pulled away a few seconds later as I saw Rydel crying a bit.

"It's just 2 months... I'll be back soon," I put my hand on her shoulder.

Rydel: Just... Don't let anyone influence you, ok? If I could stay here forever, I would.

I smiled a bit, "You don't need too. I promise, I'll just be myself."

Right away, she hugged me tightly and I hugged her back, "See you later little bro," she said in tears.

"See ya later Delly..."

I looked over Rydel's shoulder, to find Laura looking down, playing with her fingers and swaying her feet back and forth.

Rydel realized what I was looking at, and pulled away smiling, "Go talk to her :)"

"Thanks :)"

I walked towards Laura, as she looked up at me.

We didn't say anything for a while, we just looked at each other.

But slowly, her eyes started developing tears and she wrapped her arms around me right away, "Please don't leave me... Please💔"