Chapter 42 :)

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

School gives so much work, that I can't update quickly :(

So guys, if I update late, please understand that I'm busy...

-

Rydel's POV

I leaned against the airplane window, with Riker sitting next to me... and Vanessa next to him.

It felt depressing.

We left for Puerto Rico, and basically, I wanted to make sure that Ross was safe. But somehow, I also thought that we would be bringing him back with us to California.

I pretty much thought that Ross would be in this plane with us, right now.

And yet, even Laura's gone.

"Rydel? You ok?" Riker asked me.

"I-I don't know Riker... Do you think it was a good idea to leave Ross and Laura alone in Puerto Rico?"

"I trust Laura. She's responsible, and honest. She most probably won't do anything like what Ross did last time. And if Ross does what he did again, then I'm pretty sure Laura will go after him," He said, trying to make me feel better.

"I guess..."

I took my phone out of my backpack and turned on airplane mode, followed by my headphones.

Scanning my music library, I found the song, "I Think About You," from Austin & Ally.

It made me think of Ross & Laura, which made me smile.

I hit play, and slowly closed my eyes.

-A Few Hours Later-

Riker's POV

"Rydel... Wake up," I said, poking my sleeping sister.

The plane was beginning to land, and she had to wake up.

"She won't wake up, would she?" Vanessa laughed.

"Apparently not😜"

"Let's let her sleep till' the plane actually lands... You guys are gonna have to face your parents soon anyway😕"

"Yeah... True..."

-

After a few minutes, we finally hit ground, and we woke up Rydel.

As we got out of the airport, we found Rydel's car, or I should say Chubs😂

Vanessa helped me remove the cover that we put on top to hide it from mom and dad, and also so that it won't get dirty.

"I wanna drive Chubbs!" Rydel insisted.

I agreed, "Sure😜"

Rydel got into the driver's seat and Vanessa sat in the back as I put our luggage in the trunk.

I got in and sat next to Delly when I was done.

"Riker... I'm scared," she said, looking at me, worried.

"You don't have too... Sure, mom and dad will be mad, but, you did the right thing... You talked some sense into our brother."

"Yeah... But I did it running away."

Her eyes were beginning to water, and Vanessa leaned closer to her to pat her back, "Hey... It'll be ok," she whispered.

Rydel started the car and we drove away.

I thought of a lot of things during the ride home...

Will Vanessa be ok living alone?

And... Will Rydel and I probably be grounded? :/

Sigh, I guess we have to face it.

"I'll call you later, Nessa," I told her as she walked out the car.

She nodded, "Good luck you guys... Call if you need help."

"Thanks," Rydel and I both said.

Our house was right next to Vanessa's & Laura's... Who I'm guessing now, is just Vanessa's for two months.

But anyway, once we pull up the car, mom and dad might see and scold at us right away.

This is not something Rydel's use to. She's always been the goody-goody in the family. But we pulled up in front anyway.

"Ready for this?..." I asked, before we walked out.

She nodded, "Yeah..."

We both walked out and took our luggage out the back.

There we are, just standing in front of the front door, frozen.

It's either go in and face the punishment, or runaway from this forever.

Alright... We're going in.

I held out my hand to Rydel, as she held on to it tight.

Here we go...

I opened the door.