Chapter 68 :)

If you feel like killing Ross at the end, take some knives :) 🔪🔪🔪

-

Laura's POV

I looked into Ross' eyes once I bumped into him.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to save you guys! Well... You right now since you're the first one I found." He said.

"Okay, where's Maia?" I asked him again with some attitude.

"Laura, c'mon... Please don't be like that!"

"Look Ross, you know that I love you, and you know how I feel for you! But why didn't you believe me when I told you I didn't kiss Ramy? It was all part of Maia's plan, and no matter how much you say she doesn't influence you, then tell me. Did you use to slap your sister before?"

He looked down, "N-No..."

"So who's the bad influence here, Ross? Is it me, or Maia?"

"I- um..."

Before Ross could finish, a voice shouted from a far.

"Laura! Thank goodness I found you!" It was Riker. Well, now I don't have to be alone with Ross.

"Riker!" I ran up to him and gave him a hug as he spun me around a bit. He let go of me and smiled. But his smile faded once he saw Ross.

"What are you doing here?" Riker asked.

"I was suppose to save you guys! I don't get it. On the phone you all sounded like you were desperate for help and now it's like you don't even care that I'm here!"

"We sounded desperate because we thought it was the last minute of our lives. It doesn't matter now, does it? Where's Maia? Did you forget to bring her? Or will she be out to kill us?"

"Riker, it's not like that... I-"

Riker ignored Ross, turned and held my hand, "Laura, let's go look for Rydel."

I didn't want to be that mad at Ross. After all, he did actually come to save us. But he also did something bad to his family which I wouldn't even forgive. As Riker pulled me away, I gave Ross a little, "I'm sorry" look, and continued walking.

~A few minutes later~

Riker's POV

As we kept walking through the trees and bushes, Ross was following us behind and kept talking.

"Guys, c'mon please talk to me!"

I was getting angry and stopped walking to turn around to Ross, "NO! Stop ok?! You yelled at us too! Do you know how it feels now?!"

"Riker-"

"No! Just keep walking and stop talking! We need to find your sister. Unless you might wanna slap her again, then just stay here!"

"Uh... Guys..." Laura said, poking me in a scared voice.

"What? :/" As I looked to where Laura was pointing, I saw a girl lying at the side of the sand. A girl... RYDEL!

"ITS RYDEL!"

We all ran towards her body, laying at the edges of shore.

"Can she breathe?!"

Laura checked her heart beat, "Luckily, yeah... But um, Riker... Her foot's bleeding..."

I looked down on Rydel's foot. "Oh no." But as I saw her foot, I noticed Laura's as well. "Laura, your foot's bleeding too!"

"No, um... I'm fine."

"No you're not.. We're gonna need to find some leaves we can use to bandage yours and Rydel's foot. I'm gonna stay here and give Rydel mouth-to-mouth, Laura, your gonna need to look for some long and think leaves we can use..."

She nodded, "Ok."

"You sure you're gonna be ok?" I asked her one more time.

"Yeah... I'll be fine."

Ross suddenly stepped up forward, "I'll go with her!" He insisted.

I stood up and faced him, "Only because I don't want Laura to get hurt. Go. But if you hurt her, you'll be sorry."

He nodded and walked with Laura into the little forest.

Ross' POV

As we walked, Laura collected some leaves that she thought would work and collected extra just in case. The walk was quiet though. There was no talking, nothing.

I decided to say something, "Laura, will you talk to me?" I asked her.

"No," she simply said.

"Laura, please..."

"No! Look, just find some leaves, and we'll get back to Riker and Ryd- Ahh!" Before she could finish, she just disappeared. And by disappear, I mean fell down a steep ledge.

"Laura! Are you ok?! Laura?!" I leaned over, but it was dark. But apparently, leaning over isn't the best thing to do. "Ahhh!!!" I yelled as I fell down as well. Ok... It's all for Laura, I said to myself. "Laur, you in here?"

"I'm fine, and you fell down on my foot!"

I stood up once I realized I was on top of her, "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry!"

She stood up as well, "Just- Just let it go."

"Laura, why won't you let me help you?"

She couldn't answer me. Instead she sat down on a rock.

"Laura, please?"

Laura looked down but gazed back up at me, "B-Because I couldn't trust you anymore... You don't know how hurt I was when you believed Maia instead of me! Do you know where I stayed after you thought it was me who wanted you dead?!"

"N-No..."

"On the streets Ross. I lived under the streets until Riker came to get me. At least he actually cares about me."

"But I care about you!"

She suddenly started to raise her voice, "DO YOU?! IF YOU REALLY DID CARE, YOU WOULD'VE BELIEVED ME! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TRUSTED MAIA! I WAS HURT THE WHOLE TIME YOU LEFT ME, AND WHAT DID YOU DO? MOVE ON TO THE GIRL WHO ACTUALLY WAS OUT TO KILL ME! SHE HAD A KNIFE WHEN SHE FOUND OUT I LIVED WITH YOU ROSS. AND YET YOU STILL BELIEVED HER!"

"I believed her because I thought I saw what I saw!"

"YEAH, WELL IF RIKER WAS IN YOUR PLACE, HE WOULD'VE TRUSTED ME!"

"STOP COMPARING ME TO MY BROTHER!"

"WHY SHOULD I?! HE CARES ABOUT ME MORE THAN YOU!"

"YEAH, WELL IF YOU THINK HE CARES ABOUT YOU MORE THAN I DO, WHY DOESNT HE JUST BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, HUH? YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME ANYWAY!"

Her eyes widened, and she looked at me with shock, "When did I become a nothing?..." And just like that, she walked away.