Chapter 52 :)

Ross' POV

"Maia! Put down that knife now!" I yelled at her, to the point that she was holding the knife in a far too dangerous way.

"No! Not until you make a decision!" She argued with me.

I turned around to see a small tear, fall from Laura's eyes. I was in front of her. Defending her. I wasn't gonna let anyone hurt her.

"I'm not letting you hurt her, Maia," I said, spreading my arms wide, making sure she couldn't even go near Laura.

"You won't let me hurt her, Rossy? Ok, just wait and see what happens." Maia suddenly turned around, and started to walk out the door, gripping the sharp knife in her hand.

"Wait!" I yelled before she could go, "Please... Don't tell anyone Laura's here."

"Oh, I won't Rossy. I don't want the director to make her leave."

I smiled in thankfulness, but then Maia completed her words.

"Because I want to be the one to make her leave!"

And as fast as lightning, she was gone.

...Maia?

"Ross!" Laura cried in tears, running towards me, and wrapping her arms around my neck.

I felt her tears on my shoulder.

Maia can't do this to her.

She can't.

I held her close to me, stroking her ombré hair.

"Shh..." I whispered, "It'll be ok. I won't let her hurt you."

"Ross... What if she does?! She was holding a knife! Who even knows if I'll make it home!"

"I know Laura! I know cause I'm not gonna let anything happen to you! If they hurt you, they'll have to come through me first. Ok? You're safe with me... I promise."

I held her close to me again. Hopefully, calming her down.

Then a thought came.

I have to go to work.

Wait... So after my co-star nearly murdered my girlfriend, I still have to go work with her?

This is a mixed up world.

"Hey, Laur... I need to get to work. Will you be ok?"

She sniffed and nodded, pulling away gently, "Yeah... I'll be fine."

"Don't worry. Maia will be with me the whole time filming. If I see her anywhere out of sight, I'll give you a call, and I want you to run, ok? Or hide."

"But- But what if I get lost?"

"If you're lost, I'll find you. Even if I have to look all around the world, I don't care. What matters to me, is that you're safe."

She nodded again looked down.

"It's just 2 hours of filming baby. You can watch me from the terrace if you want. It'll be fine." I kissed her head softly, and walked into the bathroom to get dressed.

She'll be fine, right?

...She'll be ok.