Chapter 67 :)

Ross' POV

"Pretty stormy outside, huh?" Maia asked me.

"Yeah... I hope everyone's okay... Maybe, I'll call Riker for a minute," I said, taking my phone, but then Maia put my hand down.

"Hold on," she said. "You're actually gonna call them right after you had a fight with them?"

"Maia... I know it seems weird. But they're still my family and I kinda wanna make sure they're still okay... Or else all of mom and dad's questions go to me."

She sighed, "Alright. If you must."

I dialed Riker's number on to my phone and called it. It rang so many times that I was about to hang up. But then, finally someone answered the call.

"Ross! Ross is that you?!" Riker screamed into the phone.

"Riker? Riker what's wrong?!" I yelled back.

"Ross help us! Please!" I heard Rydel shout in the background.

"Rydel?! Guys! What's going on?!"

"Ross it's the storm!" Laura yelled. "We're in a yacht in the middle of the ocean and a huge wave is coming towards!"

"Laura! Laura I'll come save you! Where are you guys?!"

There was crying in her voice, "Ross... As I said, we're in the middle of the ocean... I'm sorry. I-I don't think there's a way we're getting back."

"Laura, don't do this please!"

"I'm sorry Ross... There's nothing I can do..."

"No! No please! Please don't go!"

"Good bye Ross... I'll miss you."

Then, the phone hung up. The last thing I heard was the sound of a dreadful wave. No. No this can't be happening.

Right away, I grabbed my coat off the racket and ran outside. But Maia grabbed my arm, "Ross, what's wrong?!" She asked me. "It's raining hail out there, and you're actually gonna go out?!"

"Maia, I'm sorry! I have to go! My family's in danger!"

"Laura's not your family Ross."

"Look, stay here if you want. But I'm gonna go save my family and I don't care if I make it out alive or not. Bye." I gave her a quick kiss and continued running outside. Before I could go out the hotel, a bellboy approached me, "Sir, I don't advice you to go outside. It's raining really hard and I'm afraid there are no limos available."

"I don't care. I'm running." I let aside the bellman and ran faster towards the ocean. It looked like I was taking a shower. Only with clothes on.

As soon as I reached the shore, I was glad I found a speed boat that wasn't in use. I was the only one out there. There was no one else around. I got on the speed boat, and drove it away deeper into the ocean until I found someone.

After 30 minutes of searching, which I didn't know this boat could last this long, I found something tipped over from a far distance. I already knew what it was. And if only I was wrong.

I drove the speedboat towards it, and yet I was right. It was a yacht that was tipped over. Probably by the huge wave. But this can't be happening... It just can't. I literally felt myself in tears which doesn't normally happen. So that's it? I lost my older brother and sister... Not to mention the girl who I really do love.

I couldn't think any longer, the boat became shaky, and the water was starting to get bumpy. And just like how Laura told me, there was a wave coming towards my direction. Oh no...

~The Next Day~

Laura's POV

I woke up finding myself on top of sand. There was a sharp object in my leg that was hurting me badly that I can't get up.

Where am I?

I decided to push through the pain and stand up anyway. My vision was very blurry, so I couldn't see where I was going. But as I walked, by vision cleared, but I still felt myself hit someone.

"Ow! Oh gosh, sorry! I didn't mean to-" I froze once I saw who it was. "R-Ross?"

"Laura....?"