Chapter 66 :)

WARNING: I love cliffhangers😏 So don't kill me! It just brings up the suspense😜

-

Laura's POV

"Jump Laura!" Riker laughed behind me, telling me to swim into the water.

We were far from shore, the water was deep enough to swim in. Last time i was in the ocean, I was with Ross. Sometimes, places just bring bad memories. But really, I'm fine... I just can't swim.

"Riker... No... We all know what happened after that day when Maia pushed me into the water... I could've died," I sighed.

Riker and Rydel remembered that moment, judging by the look on their faces.

"It's ok, Laura," Rydel smiled at me. "We understand.... But I wanna go in!"

Suddenly, a splash of water hit our faces as Delly jumped in. "Woohoo! This is so cool! I can feel little fishies tickling me!" Rydel laughed.

"I wanna join!" Riker jumped in as well. I was wet double.

"Gee, thanks guys," I said sarcastically for wetting me.

Riker and Rydel laughed. "Laura, why don't you at least try to jump in? :) I'll catch you. I promise," Riker smiled.

Well... It honestly does look like fun. "Alright fine. But if I drown, that'll be your fault Riker!"

"Ok!" He laughed again.

I backed up a bit, and closed my eyes. I ran and jumped off of the boat. "Eeep!" My eyes kept shut. I didn't know where I was. And I don't exactly wanna know. "Am I alive...?"

I heard two little giggles, "Yeah, you're alive," I could hear Riker say.

I opened my eyes and saw myself in his arms. He slowly put me down, but kept his arms around me.

"How do you feel? :)" Delly asked.

"Feels good actually," I smiled.

I started paddling my feet and swam in circles. Riker asked me every once in a while if he can let me go. All I said was no😜 I didn't want him to let go. I was still scared. But, not that much anymore.

"Hey!" Rydel yelled in an annoyed way.

"What's wrong?" Riker and I both looked at her.

"Oh... Its nothing. I just keep feeling drops of water on me, and I keep thinking they're annoying fish😜"

"Oh, ok😂"

But then, I felt a drop of water on me too. "Hey... I felt a drop of water too..."

We all looked up the sky, and saw blue clouds fading into gray.

"Guys... This doesn't look good."

"Everybody into the ship! We have to get to shore. A storm seems to be coming!" The captain yelled.

Riker helped me up into the yacht first, then Rydel, and then he jumped in as the rain was getting harder. We walked down to the bottom part of the boat and dried ourselves before sitting down.

I heard hard droplets of rain hit our boat, which caused me to shiver. Then suddenly, a clash of thunder hit, making me jump on to Riker's lap and hide.

"Whoa there, Laura?" He said. "You okay?"

"Ye-Yeah... Just that... The thunder scared me, that's all!"

All of a sudden, the lights went out. And felt a strong wind pass by as the boat kept shaking. "RIKER, WHATS HAPPENING?!" Rydel worriedly yelled.

"I-I don't know! I'm gonna go talk to the captain! Stay with Laura!"

Riker's POV

I ran out to the captain's deck and the wind was strong. Storming out thundery rain. As I walked to the captain, I saw that no one was steering the boat.

WHAT THE?!

"Captain?!" I called out. I soon saw a small canoe, paddling away to shore, and there was our yacht's captain in it.

HE JUST ABANDONED THE BOAT!

I didn't know what to do. All I could do is steer the boat, and hope for the best. I tried to do what I could, but the boat just won't move.

No wonder why he abandoned us to save himself...

The boat started to rock harder, and I nearly flipped over. I could hear the screams of the girls over the heavy rain.

Suddenly, I saw a huge wave from a far direction, coming towards us. This is not good.

Right away, I ran towards Rydel and Laura and kept the door shut.

"Riker! Riker what happened?!" Rydel panicked.

"The captain abandoned us!"

"WHAT?!"

"I tried to steer the boat, but I can't! It's broken!"

"WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry guys... It gets worse... There's a big wave coming towards our direction..."

Everyone stayed quiet, but the expressions on our faces say a lot.

"Y-You mean... I won't get to see my sister again?" Laura cried.

"And we won't get to see our family again either?" Rydel asked, crying as well.

"I'm really sorry guys... I guess this was a bad day to do this."

I felt Laura hug me tight. "If you guys are the last people I'll see... I don't wanna let go then."

"Me neither!" Rydel hugged on to me too...

"I love you guys," I said to them both.

"We love you too."

We all stayed close to each other and closed our eyes.

I guess... This is the end.