Chapter 59 :)

After the rain stopped, it was too dark to go anywhere. All there were were city lights. And for once, I'm not that excited to see them. Plus, I'm alone on the street anyway... So, I guess a park bench will be ok for tonight. At least until I find somewhere to stay...

Ross' POV

I ran back to the hotel with everything that happened still in my head. Why would Laura do this? I kept asking myself. I thought she loved me. Turns out all she wanted to do was kill me? Well, she's a good actress for acting that out.

There was a regular knock on the door. I immediately knew who it was. "Laura, I don't wanna talk to you. Just leave," I right away yelled.

Then, the door opened, and Maia peaked in, "It's just me..."

I sighed, "Oh... Hey."

She sat down next to me on the bed, "You ok Rossy?" Maia asked as she rubbed my shoulder with her hand.

"I just can't get what just happened out of my mind. I can't believe what I just saw Laura do..."

"Aww... I know it hurts Ross... But, I guess she just wasn't the one."

"Yeah... Thought so. Look, I'm sorry for thinking you were the cause of all this. I should've known about this in the first place."

Maia nodded.

"But then, why did you come into our room with a gun when you found out Laura was staying here?"

She hesitated for a while and looked at different places around the room really fast, "Uh... Because um... Because I already suspected something!"

"What?"

"I already knew she was gonna plan something. I just wasn't sure, so, I came to protect you!"

I smiled, "Thanks Maia," I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek and getting off the bed. "It's getting kinda late. Don't you wanna go back to your room?"

"Actually... I was thinking, maybe things could be back to the way they were before? When Laura was never here." Maia wrapped her arms around me, making me laugh.

"Alright, you can sleep here for tonight. For one thing, you're the only one that wasn't out to kill me here."

"That's one thing I'd never do..."

I started to clear up a few things and cleared a space for Maia on the bed. "You're not gonna change?" I asked.

"Just get in here already! I missed you :)"

I jumped into the bed next to her, so that we were face to face. "I missed you too babe."

"Babe?"

"You wanted things the way when Laura wasn't here right? And when she wasn't here, we were..."

"Oh right! Continue then," she giggled.

I wrapped my arms around her, as I closed my eyes, "Good night."

"What? I don't get a good night kiss?"

I rolled my eyes in a fun way, and let go to kiss her lightly. She deepened the kiss, then we pulled away. "Good night again," I said.

"Good night :)"

(You can listen to sad music -I suggest "Breathe Again" by Sarah something😜- and think of Laura, emotionally crying in the rain, under a box, hugging herself to warmth and being compared to Maia, who now has the one thing she loved. Dude, I'm crying myself😂)

Laura's Thoughts

Why is all of this happening? What is going on? What happened to the relationship I always dreamed Ross and I would have?

-Imagine images/videos of Ross in a bubble here, with these lines echoed-

"I'll always be here for you, Laura... No matter how hard the situation is."

"I'm not letting you hurt her, Maia."

"Laura, I promise you... I won't let anyone lay their finger on you. It's ok..."

I can't believe that those are all just memories now...

Although I didn't want to, I did the one thing I knew I could do.

Call Riker.

-CONVO-

Laura: Riker...

Riker: *listens to the slight crying in her voice* Laura? Laura, what's wrong?!

Laura: It's- Its Ross... And, Maia.

Riker: What did they do?! And Laura, where are you? Why does it sound so... Different from your hotel room? :/

Laura: I'm under a box Riker.

Riker: What?! Why?!

Laura: Ross... D-Dumped me.

Riker: You're kidding?!

Laura: Please help me... I can't do this anymore...

Riker: I'm coming. Don't worry. I'll be there.

-END OF CONVO-

I seriously felt like a coward right now. I sounded like a baby through the phone. I feel helpless. Worthless. Basically no purpose in the world. If it weren't for Austin & Ally, I'd be a no body right now.

"L-Laura?" I turned to my left, and saw Ramy standing next to me.

I immediately got up, "No! Don't touch me! Leave me alone!"

He grabbed my hand and set me back down, "I won't hurt you... Really."

"Yeah? Well you just did. A lot. So leave me alone!"

"I'm sorry," he quietly said.

"What?..."

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. Or do what I did to you. It's just that- Maia promised me that she'd pay for my family's house if I helped her. We're kinda struggling to pay the rent, and Maia said she'd help us. I'm sorry... I really didn't mean to hurt you. We just really needed the money."

I felt sorry for him, "Oh... I-I understand. I know what you did wasn't something you wanted to do. On the other side, it did kinda really ruin my relationship..."

"I know... I'm really sorry."

"Don't be... It's okay. Really."

"I'm glad :) And, why are you staying in a box? :/"

"My um... Where I'm staying is actually with Ross."

"Oh, and he won't let you in?"

"Actually, I didn't even try."

"Do you wanna?"

"N-Not really. I'm scared..."

"Maybe, tomorrow?"

"I guess."

"So, where will you stay for tonight?"

"U-Under here..."

"But it's-"

Before Ramy could say another word, thunder crashed. He jumped and hid under a plant, making me laugh.

"I gotta get home now... Will you be ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Thanks for keeping me company :)"

"Welcome :)" He started to run out to his house, and I stayed here, alone.

But then, I looked across the bridge and there was a couple passing by. I guess I wasn't alone. The boy was giving the girl- I suddenly looked down. The boy was giving the girl a caramel apple... The same one Ross gave to me. And Riker.

I was scrunched up against a small corner. It was kinda like I was staying under the stairs. Like Harry Potter. But this is a lot tighter.

I removed my jacket and folded it up as a pillow, and tore a few pieces of the box to make it like a blanket. Before I could sleep, I texted Riker the name of the street of where I was so he could find me. And after that, I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

Ross' POV

It was 1 AM in the morning. I couldn't sleep. The continuos sound of thunder outside, somehow got me thinking where Laura is right now. But you know what, it doesn't matter. She tried to kill me anyway, so, why would I help her? Or even bother to think of her?! "or even offer her a place to stay!"

"...Ross?" Maia opened her eyes. I realized I just said the last part out loud.

"Sorry Maia..."

"You ok?"

"I-I don't know. Been thinking of where Laura is right now..."

"Does that really matter, babe? She tried to kill you. You shouldn't be thinking of her at all."

"Guess not."

"Good. Now go to sleep :) We've got work to do in the morning."

Riker's POV

I told mom and dad that I would be taking the private jet to Puerto Rico. Yet, they didn't mind. They thought it would be a good idea to visit Ross. Even though Ross wasn't who I'm visiting😜

I was suppose to take Rydel with me, but she was asleep and I didn't wanna wake her.

The private jet left at 12 AM and landed at 2 AM. I got a message from Laura saying where she is. I kept on thinking, what did Ross do, and... why is Laura under a box right now😂

But anyways, I took a cab to the addresses that Laura sent me. I felt like I was the only one here. It was pouring rain, and the streets had no cars other than the taxi I'm on. The car stopped, so I'm guessing this is the address. I took my suitcase from the back trunk, and thanked him nicely as he drove away.

Right then, when I turned around, I saw Laura already laying there, wrapped up in a little box. How could Ross do this to her?!

I didn't hesitate about waking her up. She needed a better place to stay. So I walked up to her and and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Laura?" I quietly called out.

Her eyes fluttered open, and locked onto mine. "R-Riker? Riker you're here!" She quickly wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back tightly and smiled, "Yeah... I'm here :)" I started to hear tears in her voice again, "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too..." We hugged a bit longer, then I removed my coat and put it over her as well. "C'mon... Let's find you a better place to stay. We can talk there." She nodded and we walked back into the cab to find at least a hotel to stay in.

"Excuse me sir, um, what hotel would you recommend for us to stay?" I asked the driver.

"Ah, a hotel?"

"Yes, please."

"For how long, sir?"

"Um, we're not exactly sure. Maybe, a month?"

"A month?!" Laura reacted, laughing.

"Yeah," I laughed as well. "I figured I gotta do some talking with Ross... A lot of talking."

"Ok😜."

The driver took us to this tall and neat looking hotel. I helped Laura down and we rented one room. I was suppose to get us two rooms, but since there was only one available, I just got that one. There are two beds though, so that'll be okay.

Laura's POV

We took the elevator up to our hotel room, and I laid down on the bed right away. "Oh the bed! The sweet, sweet bed!" I said, jumping on it.

Riker laughed, "You need to get some sleep."

I got up and sat down properly, "Riker..." I said faintly.

"Yeah?" He asked, sitting on the opposite bed of me.

"Thank you... For everything."

He smiled, "You don't need to thank me, Laura."

"No, I do. Really. I don't think anyone would care enough to actually get on a plane across the country just to help me... Thank you."

"...You're welcome :)"

I looked down, and felt a little shy. "Go get some sleep," Riker said to me. "You can tell me all that happened in the morning :)"

"Okay. Good night Riker :)"

"Good night."

-

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

•Would you rather have me...

1. Update quickly, but the chapters will be short.

OR

2. Update slow, but the chapters will be longer.

Comment down there💕

-Remember to vote💗-